You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

HP Mum

HP Mum v Halifax - Help please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4004 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I wish to take on Halifax :) about a credit card debt and a personal loan and need some helpful advice please...

re: the credit card - It was taken out in early 03. I have nearly all my statements - I am still searching my old files for the first 8-9months. I can't find the Agreement at the moment but am sure it will crop up in the next few days.

re; the loan - I originally took a loan in mid 02 but then needed a bigger one and they cancelled the first one and started a new one in mid 03. I have the orig docs for the 02 loan but am still searching for the 03 loan docs. I have repaid nearly 3/4 of the loan but am unable to find the £s to repay the remaining 1/4.

Put simply, my circumstances changed a few years ago. By the end of last year I just could not afford the high monthly payments anymore to either the cc or the loan. I wrote and explained my situation to both the credit card & loan sections of Halifax. I had many letters including the standard threatening replies most people seem to get, then swiftly got passed on to dcas.

credit card - to Blair Oliver

Loan - to Albion, now Moorcroft.

Then I was inundated with harassing phonecalls.

I composed letters to the dca's offering small amounts monthly. They all agreed and I have spent a few months this year breathing again. But I know this is not going to last....

And now I just discovered this site.... And I am wondering if these debts are enforceable anyway.

So can someone please tell me how I work out if my Credit Card Agreement (once found) is enforceable ?

And if there is a chance it is not, then what I have to do ? Do I have to write asking for a true copy of the cca (as per the template on this site) ?

And the same with my loan ? How do I work out if this is enforceable ?

I'm really worried that they might try to get charging orders against my home now.

Please help....

ok well dont worry too much about the dca's

i'm wondering if the dca's are just collecting or have brought the debts?

you could certainly fire off cca's to the dca's, and if they comeback unenforceable, that might well lead to a very small F&F if so, but it does not make the debt go away.

now on the front of the loan that got reloaned , i'd check you did have PPI on it, infact i'd check you don't have PPI on the card too!

have you also thought about reclaiming any charges you might have gotten?

the best way to findout if any CCA is correct is to start a thread in the namedforum of your Co. and post up a scan of the doc after removing all pers details first ofcourse!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

why shouldnt I worry about the dcas ?

The cc is with BOS. I understand they are inhouse dca for Halifax, so I doubt that has been sold.

The loan went to Albion and is now with Moorcroft Pre-court division. Not sure about whether sold or if they are acting for Halifax ?

I thought I had started a thread in the named company section ?

So should I send the cca to Halifax or to each dca ?

yep you are in the halifax forum..doh..sorry.

what i mean about the dca's is don't let their threats worry you.

i would cca the dca's myself

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.