You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

J-LO

I sold my car privately!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4003 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I hope someone out there can give me some advice.......

I recently sold my car privately and the buyer has called me to say he has found some faults with the car that may cost him upto £600.00 to repair!!

I had no idea that anything was wrong with the car and it recently passed am MOT (which the buyer requested i had doen before he bought), i advertised the car generally by saying it was a 1.4 polo, 4 previous owners, tax, MOT, 50,000 miles etc......i gave no indication as to the quality of the car. When he inspected the car he asked if i had trouble with it, i told him that i had a new clutch in it about a year ago but other than that i thought that it drove well, I gave him the receipts of the work i had done on the car whilst i owned it.

he is now demanding that i pay him £300.00 or he will take legal action where do i stand????

It is clearly a [problem] - not unheard of, but almost definitely a [problem].

Private Sale = No Come Back - tell them to get stuffed and do not be intimated by them. You will know doubt get a couple of calls and even possibly a letter from a 'solicitors firm' - but I'd safely ignore it and tell them to get stuffed period.

In a case like this it's 'buyer beware' (Caveat emptor) see; Caveat emptor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even tho' the above link explains it from a US perspective it still applies here. In normal circumstances with a sale like this it is wise to add the words 'sold as seen' on a receipt.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

I hope someone out there can give me some advice.......

I recently sold my car privately and the buyer has called me to say he has found some faults with the car that may cost him upto £600.00 to repair!!

I had no idea that anything was wrong with the car and it recently passed am MOT (which the buyer requested i had doen before he bought), i advertised the car generally by saying it was a 1.4 polo, 4 previous owners, tax, MOT, 50,000 miles etc......i gave no indication as to the quality of the car. When he inspected the car he asked if i had trouble with it, i told him that i had a new clutch in it about a year ago but other than that i thought that it drove well, I gave him the receipts of the work i had done on the car whilst i owned it.

he is now demanding that i pay him £300.00 or he will take legal action where do i stand????

This is the "you sold me a faulty car" [problem]. Don't worry, he/she cannot do anything. Just a guide always give a reciept with "sold as seen". Its up to them to check the car out, they can call the AA or RAC to have a check.

Tell them to take a jump.

Trooper68

Trooper68:)

cars sold privately and not by dealers, the law will see it as sold as seen. the buyer should know this. dealer have to give three months warranty. there is nothing that he can do, i mean court will take no notice of his claim. till you display the the car has warranty then it will be seen sold as seen. let him go to court then he will learn the lessen the hardway

Privately sold, so sold as seen. It's up to the buyer to get the car checked out. Sold a car some years ago to a so called dealer, we rec'd a call from him screaming the odds there was something wrong with the car, which we honestly knew nothing about. Told him wasn't aware of any problem with the car and it was sold in good faith. Never heard from him again, even thou' he threatened legal action.