Not Registered Keeper. Should I send proof?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Sorry if this is not a new thread as I couldnt see a related one.

Grateful for any advice. I received about 15 overdue PCNS from LOndon Borough Parking Services (LBPS)to my address. I wrote back to them saying it was nothing to do with me as I wasnt the registered keeper.

I didnt say that RK was a small Company I worked for in admin capacity from home and correspondence was sent here for ease. The address on logbook was changed away from my address to the Company address at Owners request some time ago and since then the vehicle has been sold and now I am told recently scrapped. The Company has now ceased to trade.

I then got all the overdue PCN's sent back to me again so I returned them all unopened with "RTS - Not known at this address"

Today i get a letter stating "The information we have from the DVLA indicates my address is the current residence of the RK. Until such time as the owner or me inform the DVLA my address will continue to show on the system each time a PCN is issued" We acknowledge that in most cases you have moved into the property and the RK has moved on. However we do require proof"

They want me to send a copy of a utility bill, or bank statement, council tax bill etc

Whilst employed with the RK (Company) I didnt receive the original PCN's because my address was not the RK address at the time of PCN. (Owner of the business frequently ignored PCN's).

LBBPS have obviously asked the DVLA for previous addresses for the vehicle and come up with mine.

If I dont provide this info within 21 days they are threatening a Court Order and Warrant of Execution to the Bailiffs. They do state if I am not RK I am not liable for the fine!

My concern is if I send them a copy of my utility bill or other doc then they have my personal information which I am not happy about.

What would anyone recommend I do? Ignore and wait for bailiff and show him my utility bill as he cant copy it on the doorstep or write and say you know I am not the RK as I didnt get the original PCNS or give them all info and more to get me out of the loop. Feel faithful to the Company I worked for as they were a good Company and now its ceased to trade they cant get money out of them anyway.

Any help much appreciated

Knarked

You're getting sucked into the [problem].

You don't have to show them a thing. It won't make any difference anyway - they won't pay any attention.

Rubbish about 'court orders' and 'warrants' are pure BS.

It's a trick. Do not contact them again and ignore any further junkmail they send you. They will give up and go away.

Do not send them anything at all. And never send anyone documents which are normally used to prove ID !! and who is "LOndon Borough Parking Services " is it LBP Services - Company No. 06947752

Thanks for the replies.

Its London Borough of Bromley Parking Services. My concern here was i read on other posts that the councils have the power of the law behind them. But as I am not the RK and never have been I am not liable for any debt right? I will ignore them.

Oops - our mistake. Thought LBPS was a private company (why can't councils just call themselves by proper names instead of trying to sound 'with it'?)

RK is liable, but they can't do anything if you're not the RK, it wasn't your address at the time they were issued and the company has folded.

You'll be safe to send them proof though. You don't have to, but it would get them off your backs.

Sorry I put LBPS as I didnt want to give out anything to identify me as advised in other posts!

The letterhead has Bromley Logo and Parking Services in bold followed by London Borough of Bromley and PO box address On their website it says "their contractor" enforces parking restrictions and PCN's, click on that and it takes you to vincipark.co.uk website.

Shall I send proof of id with blanked out info except name and address. they also want to know when I moved in here. If I put that date then they will either think this address has been used by RK as a dummy or think I am more involved. If they go back to the next prior address that will be my old address if DVLA keeps that much info.

Will a debt hang over this property if its not paid and cause a problem when we sell?

Beginning to get paranoid now!

Thanks

Why don't you tell them the truth?? If the car was never registered in your name even if you had lived there for the past 100 years it would not make you liable. Just tell them you accepted mail for a company that ceased trading and give them the owners name.