can a previous address be blacklisted ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

wonder if anybody can shed any light on this please

about a year ago I moved address,

at the old address I did have a few credit agencies after me but have since settled all my debts, bar one that I didnt owe

anyway my previous landlord has said the new tenant

is having difficulties getting credit at the address because of its history and that I should have to rectify this,

is this correct, and what should I do

any help or advice please

Definately not. The previous owners of our house have had correspondence from various DCA's here plus we had a doorstep call from Welcome Finance looking for them, when we first moved in.

None of this has had an adverse affect on our credit rating and is not listed in our experian or equifax reports.

thanks for that, much appreciated

said the new tenant was a doctor with an excellent credit history who had been refused new credit asi the address that was now black listed

I will inform him that is not the case

It used to be the case many years back that credit history was linked to an address, but it is definitely linked to individuals now.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

also what is the probability of Red sending a doorstep collector to this address and demand to have my new address for a drbt of £90 thst doesnt exsist, I think they may have it now and could I expect a visit now

old landlord said he had been there

dont know if he was making it up

also what is the probability of Red sending a doorstep collector to this address and demand to have my new address for a drbt of £90 thst doesnt exsist

ZERO:D

And even if someone did turn up to collect your doorstep, you can report them to the old bill for theft!;)

They use this empty threat just to intimidate people into ringing them up and paying them money they don't have, ignore them, if someone does turn up on 'your property' take their photograph, and tell them to get off your property and that you are calling the Police, then shut the door in their sorry face.

If I came to your address, and told you to pay me X amount of money, your immediate reaction would be to laugh and tell me to sod off, they have as much right as I do in telling you that you owe me money and you must pay me.

They will normally send out a threatogramme first, threatening that a 'field agent' will be in the area and may call at your address sometime between the hours of 9am to 6pm on dates 1st July to 7th July.

Their a joke and can be suitably warned off using a template on here, just ask if you need it.

As for 'blacklisting' there is no such thing, it's a common myth, it is the person and not the address that has a marker placed on them, so no worries there.

Boo:wink:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Glad to find this thread - two years ago I kicked out a lodger who'd stopped paying his rent. Ever since then, letters have turned up for him from pretty much every DCA under the sun, and a couple of banks as well. Mostly they've given up after a time, but Robinson Way (amused to find descriptions of them as bottom feeding **** :) ) have just written to "The Occupier" warning that the address can be associated with overdue debt, and asking or my details (I think not!).

Now I was 99.9% sure that was cobblers, good to see my feelings confirmed. Decision now is whether to ring them up and have some fun - found their Complaints officer name Hayley Felton on another thread, does anybody know if thats still valid (and is [email protected]

still the guy at LSB to contact for more fun?

Reckon a line to trading standards might be in order too :-)

Robinson Way (amused to find descriptions of them as bottom feeding **** ) have just written to "The Occupier" warning that the address can be associated with overdue debt, and asking or my details (I think not!).

Complain to the OFT [email protected] & the ICO https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx