not happy 999 v HSBC _ Metropolitan collection services

not happy 999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i have just received a very in your face call from metro demanding £600 re an overdraft from hsbc i had written to hsbc and asked to pay £50 per month until the balance was paid and received no reply ..so was a little shocked at receiving a phone call no letter telling me to pay immediatly...is this ethical ? very shocked

I have moved your post and made you a thread.

Does your overdraft contain any charges? If so, you can claim them back.

Spend a few days reading the FAQs and the step by step guide to reclaiming your charges.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hiya not happy 999 and welcome to the HSBC forum :)

Good advice there from Rooster, if get a claim started your account will be in dispute and you can tie the bank up in knots for years :).

I would ignor what they say about your repayments and just pay the £50.00 a month anyway, it shows your not trying to avoid your debts and are willing to settle what you owe.

Keep us informed how your getting along and just shout if you need to know anything :)

pete

Hiya not happy 999 and welcome to the HSBC forum :)

Good advice there from Rooster, if get a claim started your account will be in dispute and you can tie the bank up in knots for years :).

I would ignor what they say about your repayments and just pay the £50.00 a month anyway, it shows your not trying to avoid your debts and are willing to settle what you owe.

Keep us informed how your getting along and just shout if you need to know anything :)

pete

thanks i will keep at them had HSBC advisors ring me today saying that the debt was passed to metro due to them not receiving a phone call from me to discuss the payment terms i proposed .......i explained that i had had no correspondance since replying with the "expediture" form and had in fact made two payments as i had promised up until the vile call from metro....and i told them that i do not want any further phone calls from them and will only reply to metro via letters they reluctantly agreed with me and did state that metro are a little over zelous...i would say bullys personally i explained that if i was of a nervous nature or elderly i would of been very upset ...i really am disgusted to be treated this way over £600.......they have refused to re claim the debt and insist that i deal with metro....the HSBC advisor was pleasant however was not really able to assist further...i now have had to leave myself short of money so to get these people of my back......not a comfy situation to be in they acted like a pub money lender not a high street bank...:x:mad:

Hi not happy 999 :)

It may help to point out that Metro are in fact the debt collection branch of HSBC - not a real Debt Collection Agency .... they work from HSBC premises and use their database - only thing different is the headed paper ...

That's why I'm having a laugh a HSBC saying that Metro are 'a little over-zealous ' - :lol: they're HSBCs people in another disguise ...... lol!

So - don't take their bully -boy tactics ....... pay what you can afford and you can't go wrong - as pete says , it shows you are willing to settle and they won't take you to court for that - especially over such an amount -

Come back and ask if you need more info - and don't break your neck trying to settle......

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D