Employer wants to pay me 2 months in arrears

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a visiting music teacher in a private school. We are paid according to how many individual pupils we have and per 30 minute session. Up until now I have been paid monthly on account, with the balance owing paid at the end of each term.

Now they want to pay us for the number of sessions we teach at the end of the month following the month that they are worked. For example, lessons given in January will not be paid until the end of February. Also we will not be paid at all in January or August. Apparently this is a "cost cutting" exercise.

They plan to draw up new contracts incorporating this new payment system before the new term starts.

What I am wondering is, is this legal? It would put me to a great deal of financial inconvenience.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Well IMHO they can, I expect the number of sessions will be calculated at the end of each month, with you receiving you fee at a date the next month, that in its self is not unusual.

You need to find out if you are a contractor, rather than an employee, I expect that you can either accept the arrangement or walk away.

You have not said why fees wont be paid in January, and August.

Andy

Edited by old_andrew2007
Spelling