You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

gramtrad2

OHs Carlyle Finance Car Agreement - wrong reg No. - is it Void?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4006 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I noticed, to my amusement, that Carlyle Finance. with whom my wife has a car agreement, have made a mistake on the loan documentation!

The registration number on the agreement is slightly different to the actual registration number! One letter is incorrect. The description otherwise checks out.

We initially got wind of this when they phoned up and accused us of selling the car without their permission! In fact they had the wrong registration number and linked this to someone else!

These Carlyle Finance folk have been a real pain in adding extra charges when a payment is slightly late. Wouldn't it be nice to tell them to shove it !!!

Anyone got any thoughts on that, in the circumstances?

Guest Old_andrew2018

Why not recover the penalty charges?

Why not recover the penalty charges?

I am going to do that anyway and they have just offered my wife £200 compensation for falsely accusing her of disposing of the car!

But I would really like to throw it back at them in a big way !!! I wonder?

I dont think that would work they would either reposses the car or take you to court, more worry and stress! an error on the registration will not be enough to make the agreement void.