Admission of debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5325 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anything in writing acknowledging to the OC or DCA that you do owe the money. Maybe (if calls are recorded) admitting the same on the phone too (although this is not a strong a case for them).

• 2 months later...

I initially approached CAB for assistance. I have signed a form giving them authority to act on my behalf and the Financial Statement they've sent to my creditors (and which states 'based on the information supplied by our client') lists the total owed on each card. Is this in any way an 'admission of debt'.

I'm not sure if meanwhile I should vary or withdraw my agreement with CAB. They have been helpful (if slow) and are currently in the process of agreeing a freezing of my accounts with nil payments for six months. Could it complicate actions of my own such as questioning a DN or challenging the validity of CCAs?

nks22, I know that CAB do try very hard and are a great resource, but personally, given the great personal inportance of this to you, I would look at getting an advisor who was more able. Mistakes can be very costly.

Also, the amount of input from CAG compared to CAB means it is usually easier to differentiate the "well intentioned" from the well informed.

At the very least I'd use CAG as a sounding board before letting anyone act on your behalf.

good luck

T2

I'd been up-to-date with payments until around April and made some nominal payments since (though nothing since CAB first wrote on my behalf).

My inclination at present is to leave CAB to deal with all the CCs except Egg and the Co-Op since they're asking for a freeze of interest and nil payments for six months. Egg deny hearing from CAB, have terminated my accounts and handed them over to DLC while the Co-Op appear to have terminated on

faulty DNs so I plan to follow up with them myself but tell CAB what I'm doing.