You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Rebound

Experian/Credit Expert ‘FREE?’ credit check

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3999 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, ‘Newbie’ here, so sorry if this has been discussed before.

I took advantage of the Experian/Credit Expert ‘FREE?’ credit check couple of months ago.

It was quite a long registration to go through, which required my bank details etc.

No suspicions were raised, as I expected most questions for security reasons.

Got my report OK and then forgot about it.

Last month I started to receive e-mail news from them………..

Then, this month I noticed £6.99p debited from my account by Credit Expert?

I checked and noticed £6.99p had been debited last month too.

I thought this report was ‘free’, so I investigated.

It appears that somewhere in the small print of registration you need to notify a cancellation of the service within 30 days.

I Didn’t’ - Mug as I am.

Now, I’m trying to cancel retrospectively.

My Bank won’t stop the DD as I need to arrange that through Credit Expert.

Can I Find a Tel NO? Can I H*ll.

I’ve LOST and forgotten my original log-info as I had ‘naively’ believed I wouldn’t need them again.

I wonder how many others have fallen foul of this ‘[problem]’?

Any suggestions welcomed.

Hello and Welcome, Rebound.

I've done the same :rolleyes:

Hope we get some help :)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Not sure if this is the right one but try this No. 0800 656 9000.

enamae

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/Ombudsman-news/40/40_setoff.htm

If it helps the bank should defo cancel your direct debit - quote the direct debit guarantee to whoever you speak to usually does the trick.

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

Hi

I'm sure you can do it online, go the to log on screen and clock "forgotten

my login details" this will take you to a screen where you you fill in your name email address, they will email your login details.

Once logged in there you can cancel you membership etc

Hope this helps

I signed up for the free trial. At the end of the 30 days period I tried to contact Experian to cancel my membership but no luck. On the 34th day I got to speak to a customer service rep who cancelled it for me and mentioned that money has been taken from my account. I feel a bit cheated here. They dont send any reminders on the 30th day. Is there a way to get my money back?

I think they are a con.

I took up the "free" service last year and didn't get much out of it so cancelled it before the period ended.

This month I had to get a report due to a request from my bank.

I had to pay the charge because it knew I had already had a free period. Fair enough I thought. But to view the score I had to pay another fee. I checked the details held and saw that my address was nine months out of date so I updated it and paid the fee. The score was rock bottom because it said I was not registered for voting when I plainly was and voted in the June elections.

I went back to the personal details page and saw that addresses don't update for 24 hours.

I was furious, not least that they say they are a credit agency but they do not hold my current address.

I sent them an e-mail demanding a refund and an explanation of why they do not hold my current address.

Today I got a fob-off to say they would not refund any of the payment - they have no record of my address change - even though I did it on the night I rejoined. And even if they did, while banks and others can view the side of the report that holds my current address my side of the report requires my self service. Bonkers.

I think they are a [problem] and will never use them again.:evil:

I found all my attempts to contact them to cancel mine, were useless. Eventuall - surprisingly - it was Barclays who did it for me!

Does this free credit report tell you which companies have credit checked you recently? I ask because I did another one on-line that you didn't have to provide card details for but it only showed my rating, not who had checked me recently and I want this information as I dealt with a problem my father had with a debt collection agency and wanted to know if they had credit checked me without my knowledge or permission. I did not owe them money.

Thanks

expect the DCA's to come crawling out of the woodwork now as well....

I wonder why-could the 2 things be linked? ;)

nah!! :rolleyes: