Lloyds CCA enforcability ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I wonder whether anybody would be kind enough to look at what Lloyds have recently sent me and comment with regards to it's enforceability.

They sent this letter....

zso0lj.jpg

dcy6qf.jpg

zsnuag.jpg

....and this 'acceptance form and agreement' (which looks more like an application form, stating 'I apply' above the signature box.)

2gubndd.jpg

....with this on the reverse (Sections 1 and 4 only of the T&Cs?)

8xmu68.jpg

They also sent full copies of two differnet sets of T&Cs, one with my old address at the top and one with my current.

Any advice gratefully received.

Liz you are incorrect in your belief that PPI is an integral part of the agreement, this would be illegal. It is offered as an "additional benefit" and as such can be turned on and off as a seperately.

In practice you can call at any time and cancel ppi, but may be charged for the current month untli cover ceases, although most companies charge in advance so the issue shouldn't arise.

Liz you are incorrect in your belief that PPI is an integral part of the agreement, this would be illegal. It is offered as an "additional benefit" and as such can be turned on and off as a seperately.

In practice you can call at any time and cancel ppi, but may be charged for the current month untli cover ceases, although most companies charge in advance so the issue shouldn't arise.

Thanks for the clarification, I was starting to wonder how that would work because it was me that cancelled the PPI.

ok well interesting

where is 5 7 9 11 and 6

They also enclosed two full sets of T&Cs, one with my old address and one with my new. The missing numbers coincide with the former but some things aren't the same as on the 'acceptance form and agreement' e.g. rate of APR ??

The different addresses are to be expected. If the PPI has been removed you would expect the APR to change, or if the interest rate is changed (per the agreement), which common for credit cards, they only need to send out a "notice of variation".

Otherwise I can't see any glaring holes in this, but I'll freely admit I'm not an expert and would be happy to be corrected.