Need Free Office Download

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Have just got a new laptop and need a FREE office download to write my letters on. I have Word but I cannot work out how to get i to look like a letter instead of just a jumbel of words! I am NOT computer savvy so any replies in language that a 4 year old would understand.........well ok a new born as 4 year olds a pretty clever these days lol

Many thanks in advance

JB:D

Open Office is easily the best option. Freely downloadable from HERE.

Open Office is a complete suite of programs which work very well.

There was a compatibilliy problem, in the earier versions, but I believe that the latest versions are fully compatible with MS Word docs. As Tezcatlipoca said, not only freely downloadable but downloadable FREE!

What's more it is the complete version, not cripple-ware.

Well worth the disk-space.:grin:

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Does Open Office work with Word? I say that because I use Star Office and it's fine but it opens in Word as a jumble, so if I'm sharing documents it's no use. If Open Office works ok, I'll be a convert

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Does Open Office work with Word? I say that because I use Star Office and it's fine but it opens in Word as a jumble, so if I'm sharing documents it's no use. If Open Office works ok, I'll be a convert

So as you're talking about a real document, and not something that's filled with embedded Excel tables or Micro$oft clip art everywhere, then yes, it'll open them just fine.