CapQuest - breach of CCA?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Brief history: account in dispute with Capone and a complaint made to FOS which is under investigation. Debt passed to CapQuest (not sure whether sold or whether CapQuest are acting as agents?), CapQuest have been forwarded a copy of the FOS complaint acknowledgement plus the bemused letter (plus do not phone or visit me). CapQuest then wrote back saying collection was on hold for now.

I received a letter this morning; CapQuest have sent the correspondence on to Capone who responded:

'I'll send the documents to the relevant department to review but in the mean time please continue to collect as normal unless advised otherwise'.

CapQuest then ask me to contact them to set up an arrangement.

I guess this means a breach of the CCA. I'll respond to them as such; I guess the relevant part is s.127?

Also, I'm considering making a further complaint to FOS due to their reluctance to take the debt back in-house, and due to their continued collection attempts. Is it reasonable to do this?

I just phoned (...) CSL re. the other card too, CSL basically sent a copy the application form this morning. CSL tell me that Capone basically advised them that they have no record of a FOS claim and to proceed as normal. This is despite me sending the FOS acknowledgement letter which has the FOS reference number on it showing an active complaint...

So two letters to FOS then...