style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am trying to track down a landlord and have managed to find his business' name and address. Upon further investigation, it turns out this business is 'Dissolved'. What does this actualy mean? I have no idea about business/legal terminology!

Does the business still exist?

Thanks, Phatram's daughter.

Hi, phatrams daughter.

1. The company is no longer trading

2. The company no longer exists as a legal entity in its own right

3. Assets are liquidated, creditors paid (in specific order if insuffient to satisy all)

4. The directors are no longer limited by guarantee if they DO trade under the guise of the company.

5. No further return forms are due for tax / vat etc

if a firm just "stops trading" it might go dormant instead of dissolving. A company that is dormant (doing nothing) can become active again, a dissolved company cannot.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

So if I have a landlord's name linked to a dissolved company, is there a way I can still contact him as the dissolved business' email/phone is disconnected?

I have his name and know a rough area of where he lives/operates.

He's the landlord of the property next door to me (I am a home owner) and the tenants are causing a lot of trouble for the rest of the street. I need to contact their landlord so he can deal with the issues. His business is 'Dissolved' and so I can't contact him at that address - is there another way to find him?

If you have his name you could try searching for him on Google, Skype, Facebbok, Friends Reunited etc.

But if his tenants are 'rowdy' then wouldn't it be appropriate to contact, I think they're called, Environmental Health or indeed the Police?

Use the Land Registry to find out who owns the property and where they LIVE........it only costs £4

Property Search - Land Registry

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

When the landlord bought the house.....possibly with a mortgage he would have had to use his own address

if he has gone bankrupt, them it will show who now own's the property

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

My sister lives in a rented house and her neighbours, who also rent it seems, are extremely rowdy. She has reported the matter to the council's environmental health, who seem quite keen on cracking down on this kind of behaviour. They have already sent round a local bobby to the noisy neighbours and they have contacted the LL (these particularly people are DSS, so perhaps it's easier to find out the LL's address). My sister was fairly wary of making the report incase she received retribution for dobbing the neighbours in, but this has not been the case.

My daughter has reported them to the council, they say report them to the police, who say "we cant do anything"!

What a mess this country has become. These people had to move from their last address 'cos of what they were doing and someone took the law into their own hands and went to prison for it. The real guilty ones just move on,claim more victims and laugh at the law.

They are ****.

I have great sympathy with your daughter.

I would strongly suggest your daughter writes to her MP. The MP should be able to lobby the council to make them do something about this problem. It is part of the council's job.

The sad thing is that if these people are eventually moved on, they will blight someone elses lives in another location. I agree, this country really does seem to be going to the dogs and if you take matters into your own hands because you are at the end of your tether, you are the one criminalised.

Don't you wish we still had Australia to send our 'unwanted' to?

(Don't you wish we still had Australia to send our 'unwanted' to?)

We do!

Jamie Bulger's murderers are being released early and being deported, for their own safety, to Australia to start new lives.

Jamie Bulger's murderers were released years ago. I don't believe they emigrated to Australia. That was a story circulated to stop people tracking them down for the purposes of vengeance. The Australians are far too smart to allow any old n'ere do well into their country these days. I wish we had a government who made similar policies. We just let any old criminal into this country and then don't deport them incase it infringes THEIR human rights. Too many do gooders in positions of power and influence in Blighty.

Also too easy to forget that Jamie Bulger's murderers were children too and the result of their appalling upbringing.

I know people at the time talked about "hanging the perpetrators", but

vengeance against two other children would not change the outcome for Jamie but simply shame our society.

I suspect they have been rehabilitated and are no longer a threat to anyone, else they would not have been released.

Kentish Lass

Information given is based on my knowledge and experience and is not to be considered as legal advice

Ohh, Kentishlass, many people have rough childhoods but they don't end up as young murderers. Although I would not agree with the cry to hang the perpetrators, I do think that the punishment should fit the crime and for these two boys it didn't. Rehabilitation? We have seen too many crimes recently where the criminal was 'rehabilitated,' released into the community but yet went on to commit further crime. What if it was your loved one that was their victim. Could you be so understanding then? I doubt that I would.