You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

sorrylittlelot

BT debt bouncing around

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3998 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I am trying to resolve a debt from 3 years ago with bt it is not a huge amount - under a 100 pound, i wrote to scottcall offering a settlement, they replied saying the debt was bt, so i contacted them and they have told me it is with CCS or someone like that. I contacted them and have heard nothing.

I have no notice of assignments from them, nor any letters from bt sying who the debt is with.

do i need to gat a SAR or can i get a 'Request For Service' or equivalent for free?

I was happy to pay the settlement but know i am guna play and mess them around like thay have donee to me.

any ideas?

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed

I'm sure the person who feels the most urg to ask you to pay off the debt will make themselves known. Why contact Scotcall, unless they were collecting on behalf of BT?

There's little you can do until the firm designated to chase the debt makes contract. You might as well wait for them to do so.

Edited by buzby

yeah it was originaly scottcall dealing with it, i decided to offer a full n final settlement with it being a small debt, trying to start clearing my credit file, I then emailed bt who say it is with this new company but they haven't responded to my emails

Hi all I had a BT account at a previous address during April 07 to Sept 07 (in a property I lived at only between April and September of 2007) which I have decided to sort out, I emailed BT who said it was with Scottcall, so I emailed them and received a letter dated Jan 09, they told me it had been passed back to Bt - so I emailed Bt again who informed me it was passed to CCS so I emailed them and have now reeived a letter from SC Gray solicitors dated July 09

my confusement is this;

Scotcall letter dated Jan 09 - Debt owing £81

SC Gray Solicitors dated July 09 - Debt owing - £518 (before court costs etc

now how is this possible that a debt from 07 in a property I moved out of in Sept 07 gone up so much in 6 months according to one company?

You need to ask the solicitors if they've been nawty and added a huge fee. This can be established by requesting a FOC statement from them :)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

saw you coming mate!

you are REALLY being too honest by wanting to pay a 4mts bill from 2yrs ago.

i bet it so tiny thats why no-one bothered to chase it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

its more a case of i am fighting loadsa debts but wanna make some inroads on my credit file so i offered a full n final settlement to BT

forgive my naivness but is a FOC like a SAR?

i found it quite comical when i read the letter

FOC = free of charge

Sorry...

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

lol how stupid do i feel - do they have to provide this free of charge?

surely they cannot add such an amount on to an 80 quid debt, im wanting to write a letter

Yes, write requesting the breakdown of the account since they've had their hands on it.

thanks babybear i shall construct the letter now, is there a time period they have to respond?

Just give them 14 days out of courtesy :)

sweet, i have written asking for this and also stated that i am somewhat bemused by it all blah blah and sending a copy of the letter from scottcall

well they def put some form of charge on as bt have emailed me saying it was 414 when passed to solicitors

which they cannot do.

report them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

i have just ordered a duplicate of the bill from BT and just written a letter to solicitors asking for a breakdown of the account.