Cabot Financial dirty tricks

redjax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My sister is a single parent, living on benefits and is also a carer for my 77 year old mum who has parkinsons.

I have just found out the Cabot Financial have been hounding her by phone for months over 3 debts. I think they were all originally Bank of Scotland but I may be wrong. She was never told the debt was being assigned to Cabot. The kept refusing her offers of payment saying they were too low. These lowlifes are now taking £50 per month for one debt, £20 a month for another and she was about to set up a DD for another £15 on the last one. Luckily I found out and she spilled the beans on what she's been through. She has been pushed to the point of breaking by them, been threatened they will come and take her car (which she needs to get our disabled mum around in and is worth about 5 bob!), TV etc if she doesn't pay. Consequently she is totally skint most of the time and getting into more debt with other things. I told her to rip up the last DD and sent them the request for copy of signed agreement. They sent back saying they are confident they can supply this within the 12+2 days, we'll see. What I want to know is, can she now stop the ridiculous payments and send the request for original docs for the other two accounts? All she wants to do is reduce the payments to something she can actually afford, but I want to really stuff them if I can! Suggestions please?:confused:

yes she can cancel the dd's on the oither debts and send the relevant requests of to these lowlife

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

yep fire off CCA's for all of them.

when they fail to comply after 12+2 , fire off the A/C in dispute letter then stop payment.

there is NOTHING to stop you reducing the payments NOW and cancelling ALL the DD's.

just simply write to them, TELLING them they will only get £XX for XX mts.

then do it by internet bank transfer without fail. evey month.

they might not like it but there is little they can do.

if and a VERY big IF it every got to court, the judge would laugh it out the door & prob assign a smaller sum.

just to let you know, i doubt they will have the cca's, very unlikely.

once they have failed, if you so wish, you could make them a very very small offer of a F&F to close the matter for all.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Even if Cabot are confident they will be able to produce the correct documents. In your sisters situation she should offer and make token payments of £1 on each account. In her situation that is the amount a court would set. If they have got the correct paperwork by paying something she is showing willingness to pay.

If they dont produce the paperwork after the time scale stop paying.

I would cancel the Direct debits and pay the £1 by standing order. They can adjust direct debits they cannot adjust standing orders.

Thanks so much for the advice everyone. I will be typing letters this weekend for her and telling her she is about to be £70 better off every month as well!

If they don't come up with the signed agreement is there a letter template for account in dispute that I can use.

Thanks again.