You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• might be wise to introduce some reason upon WHY you used the card, not just repeatedly state it might kill you visa repeatedly??
    • Thanks for your help.   I have just seen this on a facebook thread     We saw our hotel was not opening so we rang Jet2.com who immediately offered another hotel and gave us a refund the lady was very helpful and polite   When I rang Jet2 they said they couldn't help   At this point  I really would like them to offer us a refund. We do have the funds to pay the balance, but this may be a risk surely as we don't use credit cards. Or are they bound to refund if we refuse to change? Would you advise me to email CEO again and forward the email I have from the accommodation?   This was one of the replies I received:   Hi Pauline,   Thanks for your email   I’m sorry you’re unhappy with our position, but must respectfully confirm this remains unchanged. This position is in line with the package travel regulations.   If your flight had been cancelled and we were unable to provide an alternative flight within 12 hours of the original flight time you would be offered a refund, but we would aim to provide a suitable alternative to ensure the holiday goes ahead, meaning there is some flexibility in the way we can provide this written into the legislation.   Similarly if we are able to provide an alternative hotel which meets certain criteria based on the hotel originally booked, we do not offer a refund as we have been able to provide an equivalent package.   The options would be to accept the alternative hotel, or amend with no administration fees. Please note, if this options is chosen you would need to pay the difference if the cost of the new booking uis higher, and of course if the cost is lower we would refund this for you.   We have suspended our award-winning flights and holidays until the 15th July, and our last flights to the UK before this suspension departed on the 21st March, which created a lot of unprecedented demand, causing prices to fluctuate much more than normal. This system reacts automatically according to demand and availability.   I hope we’ll be able to welcome you on board soon.   Kind regards,   Benjamin Addison Customer Service Escalations Executive   and the last one I received   Hi Pauline,   Thanks for your further email to Steve Heapy, the CEO of Jet2holidays; I’ve been asked to respond on his behalf.   While I’m sorry you’re disappointed, and certainly appreciate your frustrations and personal circumstances, I must respectully advise our position will not change.   You’ve reached the end of our internal complaints process, and if you’re unhappy I would recommend speaking to ABTA at www.abta.com. This would be the correct next step if you wish to take this further as our membership means you have access to their Alternative Dispute Resolution process.   Thanks again for contacting Jet2holidays.   Kind regards,
    • if this is the same as yours  it states exactly who has to do what and when..   dx  
    • Hello everyone, I managed to write a letter but since I am not very good to write such a letter in English I took parts from other letters published in this forum.  I am posting it but if it is not right please tell me and I will try to write another one. Thank You.   Dear Sir, I write regarding the letter that I have received from you and concerning the occasion on when I was reported for travelling on your bus service on 17th January 2020 in Pembridge Road/ Kensington Park Road using another person not transferable zip card.   I apologise profusely for my actions in this case. I pride myself on my integrity and honesty and I feel shameful for my moment of very poor judgement. As an international student under Tier 4 Visa conditions if this matter were to escalate further into court, it would lead to severe penalty from Home Office in my case, thus a criminal conviction would be devastating and I am afraid I will lose the right to remain further in the country.   As said above I am an international student. I have been in England less than a year and ignorantly I did not know the severity of such actions. This does not want to be an excuse for my offence, since I immediately understood how wrong I was, it only wants to be an explanation of  what let me take such a foolish decision of using someone else’s zip card.   I am extremely sorry for what may appear to you to have been an attempt to avoid my liability, but I must stress that this was not intentional. I wish to apologise to the member of staff concerned and to TFL, I am just so sorry for my actions and the inconvenience caused to all involved. I am happy to make immediate payment of the unpaid fare and all the reasonable costs that my actions have caused and avoid a criminal record thereby allowing me to protect my good name.   I have never been in trouble with the law in the past and I am very sorry that my ignorance has led to this situation now. I sincerely hope that you will accept my offer. I am now fully aware of the rules relating to the TFL freedom pass and tickets and can assure you that I will always ensure to hold a valid ticket of my own on any future journeys.   I would appreciate your consideration and I sincerely hope that you can show some leniency in this matter.    
    • I've read through the claim. The defence is in a document format – and I presume that you have simply typed it out. However it is a block of text and it is too difficult to read properly. Please will you post the defence again but this time properly spaced and punctuated in a way that you would like to see if it was presented to you. I have to say that your claim form has run to 9 pages – and pretty well all of it unnecessary. The one most important element which seems to be missing – is that you have asserted your right to reject the vehicle. This is almost all you need to plead in the claim form. You say that you have asserted your right to reject. Please will you post a scanned copy of that. If you don't have access to a scanner then for £49 you can get an excellent run from PC World which will last you for years. We give very good help and advice and support here free of charge – but I think it's reasonable for people to have at least the minimum equipment needed to use this kind of setting. A claim form is simply used to state your course of action – and not to provide all the evidence and advance information about your case. Your claim should simply have been Please will you post the letter of rejection. And yes, it wasn't a good idea to pay by bank transfer
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Henson

County Court due to Holiday cancellation

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4009 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recived County Court papers this morning (Holiday Cottage Group)claiming £295 for balance of holiday deposit following cancelation.

We informed them in December that we were unable to afford the holiday due to pendending redundancy. They asked for proof which was sent to them,however they kept on sending letters insisting on the balance owed on the holiday must be paid this has resulted in them taking us to court.

The claim states:

Our clain against the defendant is for a deposit due followinf the cancellation of a holiday made with us ,quite clearly this holiday was offered to the defendant with our "low deposit" offer terms.

The term of this offer quite clearly bstates that the defendant is liable to pay the full holiday deposit following a cancelation which is not covered by the cancelation insurance.

Can anyone advise us on how to aproach this, we cant aford to pay due to my redundancy.

Write that fact on the form and defend the whole claim... it sounds like they are blowing in the wind. Also write the following letter to them.

We understand that you are claiming a substantial loss due to our giving you early cancellation of a holiday - we are going to ask for all lettings details for the premises as part of our defence, this will of course be under CPR31 rules and should you not comply then full disclosure of this information will be requested via the courts. This will of course delay the clam and add to our expenses (we are also intending to ask that the claimant pays the defendants expenses as we have long tried to negotiate with you on this matter).

That should put the wind up their sails.

Thread moved to Legal Issues.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert