• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Crazy Fella v HSBC

Crazy fella
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all !

Well - this is one of my debt problems among many.

Ok suffering debt problems i have been using my credit card to bail me out as i go along. My income should cover my expenditure. however as i am only human - in some instances debt i my own fault, other instances - the car breaks down, the tumble drier, the fridge, a wedding to go to, birthdays, christmas, vet bills - they all do there bit to push tip me the balance over each month and soon mount up over the year.

ok here we go -

i owe HSBC £19000 for a loan i just cant afford pay full stop.

i have for the last 2 to 3 yrs held them off through Rockwell by paying £1 a month - although i have increased to £5 now just to get them off myback ringing all the time.

i have other cards which top the whole debt to just over the £35000 mark.

I tried IVA originally - and because HSBC owned the greater debt percentage they controlled final decision and said NO !

So hence i pay the £5 a month.

I can carry on like this forever, but is there another way out other than bankruptcy ?

i have a copy of the CCA in my filing cabinet - the second copy that you get to keep when u fill in all the forms in the beginning. it states interest rate, and amount borrowed and amount payable back. So that looks ok - although i have not checked to see if they can supply me with their own copy.

I have been given the impression by people around me - that suggest - if i carry on with my £5 a month that HSBC will eventually give up after 6 yrs.

I have strong doubts on this. I think that only applies when u fail to pay for 6 yrs and they cannot locate you to get a response or send bailiffs out.

Please could you clarify this for me.

I have also been advise on one hand to go banktrupt because i dont have any assets, no savings. i rent my house privately, my car is worth about £1000 - Bmw 523i 1998, with 230,000 miles on it - which the wife drives, and i have a Corsa Combo van worth £300 i reckon.

At the same time - i have been advised not to go bankrupt because they will still send in bailiffs to get the tellys, the kids ,play consoles, stereos, the bmw - anything. this advice from an account who has been present on the day of such an ordeal.

Can anyone think of a direction i should go ?

i dont really want this round my neck in another 10yrs time if possible.

kind regards

CF

Have you ever considered 'seperating' from your wife for a while renting somewhere cheap and then after a month or so going for bankrupcy.

Oh and sell the car to your wife and inform the dvla while your at it.

If you aint got anything to take what can they all do?

Good luck!

who you paying rockwell or hsbc, also who now owns the debt rockwell or hsbc?

did you get ppi on the loan and was it valid for you, ie not mis-sold

have they added any charges you can claim back.

what are the other debts made up of Crecit cards?

they will not give up after 6 years, small money is better than no money to these people

Hi PGH7447

Im paying Rockwell.

No PPL

HSBC took all the interest off - and gave to ROckwell to claw back the £19000, originally it was £25000 or there abouts.

the other debts are

£6000 - Cahoot Flexi Loan

£6200 - Barclays Card

£2200 - RBS Card

Hi PGH7447

Im paying Rockwell.

No PPL

HSBC took all the interest off - and gave to ROckwell to claw back the £19000, originally it was £25000 or there abouts. So HSBC still own this then

the other debts are

£6000 - Cahoot Flexi Loan - send a cca request

£6200 - Barclays Card - send a cca request

£2200 - RBS Card - send a cca request

cca request costs £1 by postal order send it recorded do not sign they then have 12+2 days to supply a valid agreement, after this time you can withold payment if you wish.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

template N

Now for Rockwell and HSBC

send rockwell this

Harassment by telephone

Account Number: XXXXXXX

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

from now on dont speak to them everything in writing, it has been said that they Lie:)

Now I dont know about you but £5 a month over the next 50 years aint too bad, however if it is how do you pay them is it by DD, if it is change this to a standing order and offer £1 a month, this will upset them slightly and they may take you to court but then we can deal with that when it arises.

Makes no odds to me whether its £1 or £5 - it keeps them off my back. i know how to keep them away. Im just wondering whether its such a good idea - and whether i should go bankrupt.

Only that means i have to fork out another £500 to sort the forms and the process.

The CCA will just stall them for a while - they have come up with a historic copy for barclaycard, - but that seems like another can of worms - check ouy my other thread. Crazy fella v Barclay card. It does not seem to be a solution, just slows them down for a bit.

I dont have the money to go to court. but points to the direction that threatening court may well - scare them into giving it up as a bad job. dunno. i got no money - so i dont see what they can do really. point is - i dont want to be still in this situation - in 10 years when my kids will be in early 20's and i still got debt problems.

I am at that point where i think i have had enough - and would rather then make me bankrupt, but - i dont want to stop payments as - then i think they will send bailiffs after numerous letters telling me this. so then i will have my wife arguing with bailiffs on the door.

If i go bankrupt - i could have all this off my back in 6 yrs, and only be paying contributions for next 12 months if im really lucky. So - can someone advise me - whats the worst case scenario with me doing either of these two things :

1. file for bankruptcy myself

2. stop payment to all creditors and debt collectors

i look forward to your response.

kind regards

crazy mad worried stressed fella right now.

Edited by Crazy fella

Hi PGH7447

it may seem that my posts are a bit abrupt and rude - its not meant that way - i do appologise - im getting edgy by the minute i think.

I was thinking of that. but will they go straight to court or will they issue letters for bailiffs then send bailiffs first ?

also - does a 1998 bmw 523i with 230,000 miles class as valuable ?

tellys ?

games consoles of kids ?

printer ?

stereo ?

i could empty the house of such valuables and if they have to take it - take the damn bmw.

i cant see another way.

Hi PGH7447

it may seem that my posts are a bit abrupt and rude - its not meant that way - i do appologise - im getting edgy by the minute i think.

I was thinking of that. but will they go straight to court or will they issue letters for bailiffs then send bailiffs first ? bailiffs will not attend until it has been to court and then I belive they will only take what the backrupt assessor authorises

also - does a 1998 bmw 523i with 230,000 miles class as valuable ? doubt it and do you need it for work?

tellys ? they will leave one I assume

games consoles of kids ? not your stuff is it

printer ?

stereo ?

i could empty the house of such valuables and if they have to take it - take the damn bmw.

i cant see another way.

It is a quick way out and you only get it for 12 months now, but your credit file is shot away (althoug it already probably is)

some employers take exception to bankruptcy as well

hi PGH7447

i have gotten close to filling in the forms 3 times over last 2 yrs i think. I worry about them taking the kids stuff. Games consoles, tellys, etc. i think i know its the right and only option left but it does not make the unknown any easier. The bmw is in my name because cheaper to insure for wife to drive so she can go to work rather than insure in her name which is more expensive. i then own a van in my name too which i use to go to work. our working hours differ so we cannot share same car.

ok - so - if i stop payment to all - they will go to court. bailiffs will then be sent - they could take - anything ? - settee ? ornament cabinets ?

then they will file for my bank ruptcy ? or before ?

im dreading this - christmas is on its way - and boys birthday in september. never seems tobe a right time.

:(

Hi crazyfella , welcome to the forum :)

Have a look at this link on here :

Bailiffs and Sheriff Officers - The Consumer Forums

I think it should ease you mind a bit on just what the bailiffs can and cannot do ........

You're getting good advice there from PGH , so I'll leave you to ask further questions if you need to - someone will answer - and we're user-friendly on here :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

hi PGH7447

i have gotten close to filling in the forms 3 times over last 2 yrs i think. I worry about them taking the kids stuff. Games consoles, tellys, etc. i think i know its the right and only option left but it does not make the unknown any easier. The bmw is in my name because cheaper to insure for wife to drive so she can go to work rather than insure in her name which is more expensive. i then own a van in my name too which i use to go to work. our working hours differ so we cannot share same car.

ok - so - if i stop payment to all - they will go to court - for this amount yes most probably. bailiffs will then be sent depends on what the judge orders and what the appointed adjudicator discovers you own- they could take - anything ? - settee ? ornament cabinets ? No they do not leave you destitue

then they will file for my bank ruptcy ? or before ? Bankruptcy before bailiffs, I believe and if you read the thread kindly posted by jonnymitch you will get a better understanding

im dreading this - christmas is on its way - and boys birthday in september. never seems tobe a right time. - there never will be which is why it might be best to fight the other debts first and leave the big one till last

:(

I can only advise the decision I'm afraid is yours alone, have you been to the CAB yet for advice?

Thanks PGH7447 - thats super advice and friendly understanding too.

I think ultimately i have to go bankrupt at some point. i could possibly fight the credit cards and get a few wiped judging by what i have read in here over last few months and info i have gained. However this would still leave me with £19000, which i still cant manage. i think the hsbc one is pretty well sewn up too with regards to the credit agreement paperwork. not as hap hazard as the credit card companies.

when u say bad state - was the debt as much as mine - or more - without being specific. have u managed to clear a lot by paying lumps or - got some wiped ?

what would i be able to do with the big one ?

kind regards

CF

How old is your HSBC credit card account? HSBC admitted to me in writing that their credit card department do not keep any documentation prior to 2003.If yours is before this then they probably wont have the original agreement.You can see this in 1.1 of the link below

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/188794-hsbc-cca-non-compliance-6.html#post2297043

Lets see between me and the other half

HSBC Loan 17K now paying CL Finance at a rate I set - however will be chasing PPI shortly when I can find the time - that will upse ClueLess Finance but I dont really care:)

Credit cards 3 paying at a rate I set

credit cards - 3 in default not paying - highest of these £4.5k

Credit card - 1 written off no agreement

credit cards - 1 not heard from in a couple of years

bank charges reclaimed from HSBC - Shabbey - Paragon finance

credit file shot to bits but still got a mortgage 2 years ago

so has bad as you probably yes:D:D - bovvered No

as my signature block says

Getting there slowly

Yes true this can be addictive and fun but only fair to point out it can pray on your mind and the debt collection agencies are tenacious.

Actually going into court and having to explain your legal arguments against a barrister who's on more than you earn in a week is also daunting.

Certainly don't see any reason why you can't sell your car to your wife. Surely the extra premium would be made up for by knowing your transport was safe. Your van should be okay as you need it for work.

Yes true this can be addictive and fun but only fair to point out it can pray on your mind and the debt collection agencies are tenacious. - I would rather call it "they dont know when they are beat"

Actually going into court and having to explain your legal arguments against a barrister who's on more than you earn in a week is also daunting. If they can be arsed to turn up and it wont be a barrister but some lowlife office junior from some lowlife solictiors office, usual kept on a retainer by the DCA

Certainly don't see any reason why you can't sell your car to your wife. Surely the extra premium would be made up for by knowing your transport was safe. Your van should be okay as you need it for work.

:D

Hi guys - all lots said whilst i been away from here few days.

PGH7447 - thank you for your honesty - means alot - but also bolsters your your rep. Very similar circumstances to me.

If i may - i would like to go off subject of HSBC and refer to my Credit Cards for the moment then. i say this because i think my HSBC Loan is pretty concrete. although i did there is no ppl on this one. i do have ppl on a HSBC loan just prior to that i think - that may be worth returning to subject on later.

anyways - my cards

1. Monument ( Barclay card owned i believe ) - £3400 approx - no one contacted me in approx 2 years - so dont bother with this at moment.

2. RBS Card - £2400 - currently agreed to accept £1 a month for the moment. No CCA request sent yet.

3. Barclay card ( originaly Morgan Stanley - then Gold Fish - now Barclay Card ) - offering £1 a month and sending cheque each month whether they like it or not. - Sent CCA request as per section 78 - 1974 credit act . - Returned me a copy of historic agreement - no signature of mine or theirs.

and also no credit limit stated.

So i think i may have a case for this Barclay card one - but not as per section 78 - i think i have seen something someone has mentioned about 77 and 79 is it ? trouble is - i dont really understand the lawyer written mumbo jumbo.

PGH7447 - what would you advise that i send back to counter attack the historic agreement and the fact - no credit limit shown.

i have to be honest i strongly suspect that they will not have an original or even a photo copy of my signed agreement.

i have seen a guy in here win with the halifax card - but - i think i need to have some pretty clever letter writing which makes me look like i know what im talking about even though i may not to get to that point ? lol !

So what do you think PGH7447 - does it look promising ?

kind regards

CF

hello again

here is the info as jpg's regarding the Barclay card agreement.

as you will see - there is only an historic agreement copied and also - i think this is a cause for issue - there is no Max Credit limit set.

Well - see what you think PGH7447 - i await your opinion & advice.

kind regards - thanks in advance !

CF

ok thats my max for this post - will see if i can add the remaining to another post in a mo.

Bclay CARD agreement0001.jpg

Bclay CARD agreement0002.jpg

Bclay CARD agreement0003.jpg

Bclay CARD agreement0004.jpg

Bclay CARD agreement0005.jpg