• Tweets

• Hi all,   I would like to thank you all for your help so far on this matter. I have been reading some relevant thread on here as rightly suggested to get myself up to speed.   One thing is certainly clear, and that is NO to mediation. I have got to put the form N180 in the post first class tomorrow money to meet Monday's deadline. I haven't really found a clear answer to one or two things: 1) Can i change the hearing venue to my preferred county court? 2) What's my reason for considering the case not suitable for the small claims tack and what alternative?   I'm really sorry to be a nuisance but this has got to be posted tomorrow morning and i'm running out of time.   I am really counting on your advise please
    • I have contested a parking ticket on Bradfield Rd car park in Sheffield i was only there in April for 39 minutes but got issued a ticket saying i was parked in permit holders space. Its normally free for 1hr 30. I have attempted to pay the original fine but it would seem there reference number is incorrect as it does not let me pay.  They have now sent letters demanding £160 and have passed the charge to a company called Zenith.  I have rang wrote etc but cannot get any form of coherent communication and am now worried as to what to do next any advice appreciated.
    • Hi caggers,  OH got a vanquis card, defaulted and made a last payment in July 2015. Since she gave me a heads up with threat letters for pre-court action, I fired off a CCA and got a response way after the prescribed time line (I can live with that).   They did send her a CCA and breakdown of spends. The problem I had with the CCA they sent her was it was pretty unreadable (I can post a copy) but it had her signature on there. I don't doubt the OH owes money but after speaking with her she cannot remember but didn't think it was as much as Lowell's are wanting to claim for as she only had a £500 limit and the amount they want is near £900.   I fired off an AID letter stating the CCA was illegible and at the same time sent a SAR to them specifically asking for a copy of the DN, Breakdown of charges and Interest and anything else they hold.   They come back acknowledging both letters but still asked what she her intentions are regarding the account with failure to do so possibly resulting in a claim form incurring costs.   They also said they will not send any further copies of the CCA as they've already compiled with the original CCA request.   Am I correct in thinking the CCA has to be legible and that this is grounds for the AID? I'm happy to come to an arrangement to clear the right amount owed but not some over inflated figure.   Thanks PM
    • The airline's boss Scott Kirby tells the BBC passenger testing is "key to reopening the world economy". View the full article
    • Latest sales and profits figures from America's big tech companies exceed Wall Street expectations. View the full article
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Crazy Fella V Barclaycard

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4117 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi to all !

Well - this is one of my debt problems among many.

Ok suffering debt problems i have been using my credit card to bail me out as i go along. My income should cover my expenditure. however as i am only human - in some instances debt i my own fault, other instances - the car breaks down, the tumble drier, the fridge, a wedding to go to, birthdays, christmas, vet bills - they all do there bit to push tip me the balance over each month and soon mount up over the year.

So down to nitty gritty.

I have a barclay card debt of just over £6200.

The card was originally Morgan Stanley, then Gold Fish, and now Barclay card.

I have over the last 3 or 4 months held them off - offering a £1 a month. they continue to do the usual decline and wack the interest on etc.

they cash the cheque as is the normal.

I know that i can continue to hold them off as long as i offer a payment as such.

I cannot afford to pay any more than the £1 - i should but - its just amazing what expenses pop up day to day !

Now - as i state - i could carry on like this - hoping one day they will give up on me. - However - i fear that they will still be after me in 10 years, 20 years or 30 years.

So i have been reading threads in here. I see that some have found a loop hole regarding the CCA.

I have requested a CCA as per S78 regarding Credit act 1974.

They have provided me with a historic copy with no signature. This according to info i have read in here is acceptable. So it appears i am on stop again for the mo other than carry on with my offer of £1 a month.

I dont want to push to court to get the actual agreement in case they call my bluff - as i dont have the money to take them to court or to defend myself against them.

A little more info may help your advice too - i owe £19000 to HSBC via Rockwell, £6200 to Barclay card as above, £6000 to Cahoot Flexi loan, £3450 to Monument ( barclay card owned - but they have not asked me for this and i am not making any payment on this either ), £2200 to RBS Card. Have to kids i pay CSA for and a step son, so i have dependents which i am worried could be persued for my debt if or when i die with debts outsanding.

i dont have any assets, my car is only worth a £1000, i rent my house private.

What is my best route ? Continue to take on all my credit cards first ? Carry on paying £1 a month or go for bankrupt ? Bank rupt i have been advise that even tho the law should be on my side - it means nothing on the day when bailiffs come in take what they want and the police man tells you not to interfere with the law as they remove all your kids ps2, telly, your car etc etc.

Any advice will be gratefully recieved thanks.

kind regards

CF

Hi Crazy Fella,

I am no expert here and someone may correct me but surely for them to have an enforceable agreement it needs to be a signed Morgan Stanley one.

One of my BC's was originally Morgan Stanley and when I CCA'd them, they sent me back the T&C's for a Barclaycard. So I have sent them an Account in Dispute letter and taking it from there.

Have you tried CCA'ing your other creditors?

Hi ICE BLUE

not sent CCA to RBS, - for the mo they have accepted the £1 a month. I want to try this out with Barclay Card first - as they are digging there heels in so badly.

i feel torn between my morals and just trying to get on in life, as i know i run up the debt, but - i need to look after my family, and my mentality too !

Looks like i will have to argue again for the original agreement . do i still offer a payment ? looks better if it goes to court does nt it ?

Hello Crazy fella,very well written post.I understand how you feel,token payments,but you feel they will be there for ever.As you rent your house and owe a few pounds here and there and it sounds like the pressure is getting to you bankruptcy must seem a option.I didnt read what kind of work you do.I will help you,try to take the pressure off,much advice to help you.Just need to know the work thing to target the information better.Tawnyowl.

Hi Tawnyowl.

im a mechanic, i earn about £26000 a year, about £1619 a mth after tax and pension paid - i should be well off on that but it dont seem to happening. my rent is £650 a month, electric £60, heating oil, £100 a month because we rent a farm house which runs an oil fired rayburn. they will not fit a boiler - i tried that one. Fuel costs for my car about £20 a month, mobile is £20 a month, car ins £15 mth, hobby - £30, Child support - £230 mth, building contents insurance £7 mth. dentist fee plan £15 mth, Council tax £104 mth, car tax £400 a year for one car, land line £30 mth, internet £16.99 mth. sky tv £18.50.

Birthdays, school trips, vet bills, car repairs, appliance repairs, tools for work,christmas all take there toll.

i am managing to earn a little extra answering repair questions only which varies from £50 to £150 a mth which i see as paying for the phone, internet & sky. Dont get much work repairing cars privately regular enough. Last month the BMW swallowed £400 for MOT and parts ! i fitted myself obviously. now the tumble drier has just packed in - £30 for parts that i hope will fix it. BMW now wants 2 more tyres. Its done 230,000 miles so its a bit battered and worn out - in case any of you think im running a 2 yr old flashy beemer !

I just seem to be getting costs coming from everywhere, and i cant take my kids no where this summer hols as a result - its bad times.

so thats a taster of the problems that are not helping me right now - hence a closer look at my situation.

kind regards

CF

You seem to have been caught out by the cost of living and the reccession.You have done everything by the book.A very honest person,the kind of mechanic everyone is looking for.Sometimes spending hours fighting creditors,asking for CCAs,does work if followed through,as do token payments.If you had a house they might now be going for charging orders.You have thought of your family.If you take advice on the links i sent and they tell you bankruptcy is the best option,afterwards you carry on working as normal.But you need advice to decide.If you go bankrupt-You are allowed to keep:

“tools, books, vehicles and other items of equipment as are necessary to the bankrupt for use personally by him in his employment, business or vocation” in addition to “clothing, bedding, furniture, household equipment and provisions” necessary for satisfying the basic domestic needs of you and your family.And the kids things.

However there are conditions and those conditions centre around how valuable the property that falls into the above groups can be. A rule of thumb that is frequently used is £500. So if you have a car that is worth more than £500 that you use for work, chances are you’ll need to see it and get one for £500 or less and give what’s left over to your trustee.I feel in your position you need to take advice now,my view only and is only gained through experiences and forums,best wishes,keep posting Tawnyowl.

Edited by tawnyowl

thanks for the help Tawnyowl

i think i know i got go bankrupt, i just cant afford to pay out to do it myself. we were trying to get savings aside with my wifes wages for christmas, but we just used that to fix the BMW and now the tumble drier - and incedentally the abs fault light came on - the bmw - so thats gonna cost some more !!

im at end of my tether.

give it few more months then i may do it. what a great holiday im having this week with the kids - NOT ! - terrible weather, and no money !

my parents lent me their camper van to try and give kids some sort of hol locally. - first time try to use it - no cooking gas !! i give up !

well thanks for the advice tawny - it confirms my thoughts .

kind regards

crazy fella

Cheer up Fella ..................they can't take what you haven't got

CAG is about self empowerment......take the fight back to them

start reading other peoples threads.....below is a long thread but very much worth a read

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use-72.html#post2309152

Chin Up :wink::wink::wink::wink:

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

Hi Crazy Fella.

Have you looked in the Debt Forums - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/#black-consumer-forums-center

There's a forum called Formal Solutions which discusses BR and other options. There are good people there who will offer excellent advice.

If you've had penalty charges added to any credit card accounts, you should be able to reclaim these in full. BC, for example, will repay all penalty charges within weeks if you don't claim Contractual interest.

But, if you're up for a fight, you could claim Contractual Interest which should really boost the amount you claim. The CCard Co's won't repay this voluntarily so you'll have to file at court but the benefits can be huge, especially if there are older charges going back several years.

Can I suggest you copy some of your post(s) above and paste them into a fresh thread in the Debt Forums. Keep this thread just for BC matters.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)