Barclays Documents

Beck1968
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do any of you know where Barclays actually store all our paper documents in the UK

I know they offer a chargeable document storage facility it's called Barclaysafe

but i am trying to find out where they store the documents relating to our accounts

Edited by Beck1968
adding

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

Credit slips and cheques are not only transferred digitally, but also physically by a light truck.

The clearing system involves physical transportation of paper vouchers (cheques and credit

slips) from each bank branch at which they are deposited (anywhere in UK), ultimately to

Barclays National Records Centre in Northampton for storage for a period of 6 years. At the

end of this period, they are removed by a waste management company for recycling. For

documentation reasons all paper vouchers are scanned in Northampton and the files stored

on a server.

So is every document after 6 years "Re-Constructed"

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Credit slips and cheques are not only transferred digitally, but also physically by a light truck.

The clearing system involves physical transportation of paper vouchers (cheques and credit

slips) from each bank branch at which they are deposited (anywhere in UK), ultimately to

Barclays National Records Centre in Northampton for storage for a period of 6 years. At the

end of this period, they are removed by a waste management company for recycling. For

documentation reasons all paper vouchers are scanned in Northampton and the files stored

on a server.

No cos reconstructing cheques is fraud since it would include the signature on a payment instruction. It means that the paper voucher is destroyed but hmmm I wonder about the scanned stuff ;)

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

No cos reconstructing cheques is fraud since it would include the signature on a payment instruction. It means that the paper voucher is destroyed but hmmm I wonder about the scanned stuff ;)

So what about copied agreements supplied to customers that are enforceable.... but no original in exisitance

Edited by Beck1968
adding

Beck

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

So what about copied agreements supplied to customers that are enforceable.... but no original in exisitance

including a signature?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

yes....but with no original in existance ?????

Edited by Beck1968
typo

Beck

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

yes....but with no original in existance ?????

If it is a scanned copy of the original document then I see no issue, however if it is a stylised one with the details wholly incorrect ie say you took out a loan of £500 and the paperwork said £10000 with your signature on then that is fraud, plain and simple.

yes i agree.....but when it comes to court matters the original is what the court rely upon

so could not a copy of the original be challenge on the fact that if they can bring a copy to court they can bring the original

Beck

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

yes i agree.....but when it comes to court matters the original is what the court rely upon

so could not a copy of the original be challenge on the fact that if they can bring a copy to court they can bring the original

We are now on the topic of CCA's aren't we?

With cheques I can do that, with CCA's I have not the faintest idea to be honest and leave that for others unfortunately.

We are now on the topic of CCA's aren't we?

With cheques I can do that, with CCA's I have not the faintest idea to be honest and leave that for others unfortunately.

general agreements really

Beck

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

general agreements really

it is kinda court stuff and legal preciseness which again is not my forte, give me bank charges financial hardship any day of the week;)

OK......i was just making the argument that the banks now copy documents and destroy the original, then maintain they have a original of a document and provide a copy.......when in fact they only have a copy that has been electronicaly stored and could have been manipulated as they have numerous electronic copies of one's signature

Edited by Beck1968
typo

Beck

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

OK......i was just making the argument that the banks now copy documents and destroy the original, then maintain they have a original of a document and provide a copy.......when in fact they only have a copy that has been electronicaly stored and could have been manipulated as they have numerous electronic copies of one's signature

Take it from me, you credit them with a lot more brains than they actually have, trust me.

i do

Beck

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Naw your better off out......have read about your plight

Beck

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

on a server.

Having re read this, it does have me intrigued....now if they hold statement information going back further than 6 years then would it not be the case that they would have cheques, depending on when scanning of cheques actually began. I should know the date because I remember when the big machines that used to be done to do cheques went out. It must have been between 1999 and 2001. Hmmmm, you do realise you might have opened another can of worms now don't you ;)

YES i do.......been looking into how banks keep their documents and if the originals still exist........... regardless of the copy they can supply, enforceable or not

Edited by Beck1968
typo

Beck

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

I got confirmation from the ICO that Barclaycard destroy anything over six years old.

think about my last post

Beck

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

not on about statments.....i am on about agreements that they can supply a copy of ......but destroyed the ORIGINAL

Beck

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Binned

??

Beck

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

We discussed all this to death three years ago when I first joined CAG.

Barclaycard applications are not enforceable, and that is all they have had against you or ever had. :-)

What is the point you are making? Whether or not they have a copy is irrelevant if it is an enforceable as a postcard.