Chantry Collections - help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Well I now have my first contact from a DCA and it is the above pursuing outstanding cheque cashing type loan.

I wrote to their client Albermarle and Bond in good time asking them to destroy cheques and accept payment plan at £25 per month. No reply, passed to the above, cheques presented and bounced.

Now, being a lurker here for quite a while before joining I knew there were some interesting tactics employed by DCAs so as a starter for ten these folks are actually a subsidary of their client, have the same head office in Bristol although operate out of a PO Box in Wakefield with Wakefield phone numbers.

They have email address as well and I am tempted to start with correspondence via this route. They have ignored my request for contact in writing only (three calls so far this am) and are insistant that I complete their income and expenditure form (with all kinds of other personal details) in order for them to accept my offer of £25 per month (bear in mind that i the offers are not going to work I am fairly clear will have to go with DMP offered by CCCS).

Any advice please? There is no dispute about a sum borrowed and that it needs to be repaid (although probably already repaid all of this in roll overs!). £25 per month was starting offer to all of these firms and high acceptance rate so far so shame for all that work to end up in DMP!

Thanks as always folks :-)

MJC 007.5 :cool:

Advice or opinions offered by mjc 007.5 are personal, offered in good faith and without prejudice or liability. Your decisions and actions are your own and should you be in any doubt then please seek the opinion of a fully qualified and insured professional

:) If you think I have helped you please feel free to click on my scales :)

a little bump - do I have to give them the personal details/income and expenditure sheet? For a maximum £600 debt

Advice or opinions offered by mjc 007.5 are personal, offered in good faith and without prejudice or liability. Your decisions and actions are your own and should you be in any doubt then please seek the opinion of a fully qualified and insured professional

Under no circumstances use the income and expenditure that they provide as it does not take into account essential expenditure. Furthermore, do not provide details of your employer or their contact number. they will simply bombard you with calls at work making additional demands.

I would suggest you contact your local CAB who will compile an accurate I&E and make an offer on your behalf in writing.

I hope this information is of assistance

thanks crocdoc - what I thought but needed someone to confirm or otherwise! I have an I&E of kinds already from CCCS that I can work with or we are going to end up in DMP in which case I think they get less (ironically in line with what courts would suggest!!) :rolleyes: