You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

lexii

Cahoot Defaults charges but not my fault

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4001 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

A few months ago, me and my husband set up single accounts to take charge of our own debts, so I moved all my direct debits from the joint account we have with HSBC to my single account, I did this on my internet banking with HSBC back in Feb.

I have a cahoot flexible loan and a credit card with them.

Feb, Mar, Apr and May's direct debits to the cahoot loan and card came out on the correct dates from my new account, however, in June I noticed that the funds hadn't been collected. When I logged into the cahoot site and checked it said the payments had been reversed. I phoned Cahoot who told me HSBC had refused the direct debits. So I called HSBC who said Cahoot had tried to take Junes payments from the old joint account where the DD was no longer active and this is why it had been refused.

I called Cahoot back who told me that it was HSBC's fault as they had not informed them of the change of DD to my single account so they had tried to take it from the joint account, I found this odd considering cahoot had been taking the payments from the new account since Feb.

By this stage I had had enough and didn't know who was right or wrong so called the financial ombudsman, who initially agreed with cahoot, said they would write to HSBC on my behalf and they would be in touch to sort it out.

So, a few days later I received a call from HSBC who basically told me that they had informed cahoot of the change of account details back in Feb and had all the bacs advice detailing this, HSBC were really helpful, they sent me copies of these advices and also told me that cahoot obviously did have these details otherwise they wouldn't have taken the DD's from my new account for 4 months.

I called cahoot back who were still insistent they hadn't been informed of the new account but advised me to write in and send a copy of the info HSBC had sent which is what I have done.

So now I have been charged defaults of £30 on the loan and £12 on the credit card for late payments (as I ended up paying for these over the phone) plus associated interest charges and marks on my credit file. Cahoot still seem to be dragging their heels on this and although they acknowledged receipt of my complaint early last week, just keep telling me they are investigating it, but I am worried sick.

what should I do?

Guest Old_andrew2018

They have up to 8 weeks to complete their investigation and give their response.

IMHO I feel you should write to them reminding of of this, and add something like at that deadline you intend to escalate your complaint to the financial ombudsman.

Andy