You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Laney65

Court papers for my brother sent to my home - help!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4000 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Last year my brother was staying here after leaving his wife.

he's now gone back to her. I know he has debt that he just ignores. Problem is today a set of court papers form northampton have dropped on my mat for him.

I know he will just probably ignore them with the attitude i'm not there so what can they do.

Question is where would it leave me and my partner? We are here and the last thing we want is to have to deal with his ****. Such as bailiffs calling around.

I have also noticed that attributable data as appeared on my credit file in his name as well. Now we have the same date of birth as we are twins. Can I get this removed?

Any advice?

Last year my brother was staying here after leaving his wife.

he's now gone back to her. I know he has debt that he just ignores. Problem is today a set of court papers form northampton have dropped on my mat for him. You can send the papers back to the court marked no longer at this address

I know he will just probably ignore them with the attitude i'm not there so what can they do. They can give him a CCJ by default

Question is where would it leave me and my partner? We are here and the last thing we want is to have to deal with his ****. Such as bailiffs calling around. The debt is not yours, it is not in your name, so you are not liable, nothing for you to worry about

I have also noticed that attributable data as appeared on my credit file in his name as well. Now we have the same date of birth as we are twins. Can I get this removed? You should contact the CRA and ask for the notice to be removed, this can be done legally via a notice of disassociation

Any advice?

This is less to do with you sorting out his problems and more to do with ensuring it doesn't impact on you and your family. You may need to speak to a solicitor regarding the notice of disassociation

Hope this helps

If you feel that this site has helped you in any way please leave a donation if you can afford to do so.

If you feel that have been helpful please feel free to tip the scales.

The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away. ~Tom Waits, Small Change

Please note: i am not a qualified lawyer, any advice is offered in good faith and is based on my own and others experiences and a penchant for research and a desire to help others to empower themselves

Thanks for that.

I was just worried about being but in a position where I may have people knocking the door and putting me in the spotlight of having to lie to say I don't know where he is.

All I want is to get rid of any association with his financial situation I have enough of my own to think about.

I have family of my own and whilst I would never drop them in it, or give information to a third party, I would not wish their business to impact on my life in any way.

I think if someone were to ask you about your brother, you would be well within your moral rights to simply tell them to "go forth" that way you're not lying to anyone and you still get to secure your own families affairs

Hope this helps

If you feel that this site has helped you in any way please leave a donation if you can afford to do so.

If you feel that have been helpful please feel free to tip the scales.

The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away. ~Tom Waits, Small Change

Please note: i am not a qualified lawyer, any advice is offered in good faith and is based on my own and others experiences and a penchant for research and a desire to help others to empower themselves