You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

ejleigh68

Is This Debt Enforcable

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4009 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all I am new here and have been reading some of your excellent threads.

I now have an issue (or rather my wife does) 22 years ago her ex husband was made Bankrupt and also found to be a fraudster, this however was never tried in court (mores the pity).

Anyway they had seperated for many years and then we met and married in 2004.

She has just had RWC contact here re a Barcleys account (£1236.82 outstanding) from the period of the Bankrupcy in her name, that she knows absolutly nothing about, according to RWC this account was being paid at £4 per month up until 2004 when it suddenly ceased to be paid (funnily enough just as we got married)

They have even claimed that there is a CCJ from 22 years ago on the account, I am somewhat sceptical about this as my wife has an excellent credit rating and has never had problems obtaining credit even in her previous married name in the past years.

The first thing I made her do was send a CCA request letter, and a cease harrasment letter with regard to telephone calls, I may have made a mistake here after reading about signing letters although this has been done in her new married name, and also by sending a cheque from our join account (that was formally my account).

Edited by ejleigh68

"I am no Solicitor but deal with REAL hard case lawyers everyday, this gives me the strength to deal with the lightweight idiots that are thrown at me everyday by DCAS :D"

If a 22+ year old CCA "appears" with your wifes new married name on it I think the OC or DCA would have some serious answers to provide:D

The DCA would need a VERY good reason to get that CCJ enforced after all this time. The only way is to go to court.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

What worries me is that "Someone" was paying this debt at a reduced rate until 2004 when we got married (funnily enough RWC cant tell my wife who). I have read a few threads on statute of limitations etc on debt and I think this is why they are now crawling out of the dung heap. Would just like to slam dunk these blood suckers as we are planning to remortgage soon and to be honest we just dont need any hassle right now as times is tough .... :(

"I am no Solicitor but deal with REAL hard case lawyers everyday, this gives me the strength to deal with the lightweight idiots that are thrown at me everyday by DCAS :D"