You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

reclaimone

Partial Settlement - Help Needed..

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4005 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I completed a financial hardship questionnaire for YB.

My claim was for £5445.

They have sent me a cheque for £1000 as ex gratia payment, does not admit liability etc.

The rest will be paid depending on the outcome of OFT case.

Please help :( Anyone got a templete letter I can use to get the rest of my money?

Ta

hi am at the same stage as yourself however i was offered the partial payment over the phone. Now my claim is for £1100 yet i owe £242 to the bank (account is closed by the way) yet they only offered me £190 they work out their sum from when your most recent financial difficulties started i.e loss of employment.

I spoke to the ombudsman helpline and they said they will send the bank a letter urging them to make a full and final settlement offer. i then phoned the bank back up and informed them of this and after the guy on the phone spoke to his manager they have agreed to wait till they recieve the letter before making any furthur decisions. they then refuse to pay in full ill send back the complaint form to the ombudsman so they will then take things further on my behalf. Also it taken from Febuary till today to get this far which is much longer then the 8 week period they are instructed to stick too for dealing with complaints on charges.

If i was you id contact the ombudsman on the following number 0845 080 1800 or 0300 123 9 123 (office hours) and explain your situation to them but dont make it a formal complaint as yet but ask them to send letter urging the bank to make a full and final settlement offer and to forward you the documents for making a complaint against the bank incase the letter they send doesnt work.

If you do accept the check DO NOT sign any documents as this can prevent you claiming the rest of what is owed to you (they like to play dirty tricks on us) but write a letter back to them stating you accept this as a partial payment only and will still seek the remaining amount still owed to yourself.

ill let you know how i get on with yorkshire bank as soon as i hear from them in the next few days.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

thanks tb i will try that approach, and let you know how i go on.

good luck.

fingers crossed we both get full settlement.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

fingers crossed we both get full settlement.

lol, thought I knew name from somewhere, nwsm from MSE ;)

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

lol, thought I knew name from somewhere, nwsm from MSE ;)

lol yeah same one. :D