littlefatbudha

Car finance, falling behind with payments.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4036 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can somebody please advise me, i am out of work and falling behind with my car finance, i have read terms and conditions in contract, which states if i have paid over 1/3 then they must take court action to reposess car, is ther anything i can do regarding this, i.e letters etc, .

I have included contract, which was taken out in Sept 2007, many thanks.Steve

Marsh1.pdf

Marsh2.pdf

Marsh3.pdf

Edited by littlefatbudha

soory can you be abit clearer about ' is there anything i can do regarding this'?

have they issued proceeding to repossess the car?

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

hi there, no they have not started a reposession order yet , i am meant to pay £269.00 a month,and i am about £765 in arrears, they found me today and told me they wnted payment, to which i stated i did not have it yet.

is ther a letter i can send to reduce monthly payments untill i can afford more ?

Also did receive default letter the other day, that is about the second or third, but they do not show on my credit file,all it say is that i am 4 payments late , many thanks.Steve

Hi steve,

I take it you want/nned to keep the car,

here is a link to templates that you can use and amend to suit your needs,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

maybe add a paragraph to say you are now unemployed and are actively looking for employment and want to keep/need the car as this will help you gain employment and hoping that they may give you reduced payment for 6 months until you find employemnt and will notify them as soon as you can reinstate the agreed monthly payment.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Many thanks for you help, have received this today, it does not look very professional , especially the part that says i owe them £5 for the letter , can somebody look over the contract to see that everything is enforceable,thanks.Steve

bermans marsh received 23 july.pdf

I take it you have deleted your signature?

becasue you took this out in 2007 then if there were any prescribed terms missing it would not automatically be unenforceable, it is up to the courts discretion.

i personally think you should try and still send the letter you were going to about reduced payments etc one to BM.

sorry bit i am not cosha with HP agreements etc

maybe have a read around this forum and post a thread there:

Repossessions - The Consumer Forums

Ida x

Thanks Ida,i have written the letter and will post in the morning, also started new thread in reposessions,many thanks.Steve