• Tweets

• 3 threads merged please keep to one thread.   forget the calendar section of a credit - no-one bar the original creditor and the person can see that   its the summary status line the any potential lender will only see.   so as it stands, she as 1 or 2 in the calendar section which, correctly shows she was either late with the required payment for that month or short paid what should have been.   although these will effect here potential 'score'. as said above only the lender and her can see them
    • I haven't had a chance to read through his contract yet but he is insisting that it says of he leaves his position within 2 years he will have to pay back his course fees. I will read it properly though and get back to you  Thanks for your help so far 
    • Hi all,   New to the forum, so please feel free to move the topic if needed.   I need a little help with a used car: I bought an 04 BMW from a dealer about 2.5 weeks ago. It cost £1,600. I gave it a test drive and it seemed pretty decent so paid via bank transfer and took it home. The issue started when I took it on a national speed limit road as the car started to sway on the road. I reported this to the dealer and he agreed to fix the issue. He took it to his mechanic who informed him that it was the drivers side hub. They didn't have time to fit it so gave me the part and the option to use a local mechanic. The mechanic agreed it would be causing the sway, charged me £80, which the dealer refunded to me.  The car was improved but we went on a short break over the last few days and I drove the car about 35 miles away. The issue now is there is a rumbling sound, noticeable on motorways and it doesn't feel particularly safe, especially over deviations in the road. As the swaying was the main issue I can't say if that rumbling was there to begin with.   The dealer has been fair to me so far in refunding me the money but he did admit he only test drove the car and it wasn't checked over fully when I took it back the first time. My mechanic said the play on hub was so bad it should never have been sold in that condition. I have messaged the dealer this evening explaining the issue but he has been a bit defensive saying the car does not have a warranty and he has already spent money on repairing it. He will need to speak to his manager and get back to me. To be fair to him he has attempted to repair it but for me he should never have sold it without it being mechanically checked over.  What do people make of this? What are my options if he won't budge and I need to take it further. I would like a refund rather than another repair as I feel I have been pretty patient so far. At the moment I have a car that isn't safe and I can't afford to take a £1,600 hit in my pocket.   Many thanks,   Mark.  
    • I have threads elsewhere re a repayment plan (6 months) with Barclays Mortgages during a maternity leave. Arrears now paid, trying to re-mortgage but with great difficulty. Not really advised of dire consequences of this decision, trying to get SAR info but no luck with telephone recordings as yet. Complaint handler appear sympathetic but who knows to what extent. Looked at Which website and they mentioned a Goodwill Adjustment letter which I have never heard of. Intention of this thread was to see if anybody had used this to remove bad markers from their credit files.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4033 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Bought a car from Carcraft exactly three months ago (was quite amusing reading the other threads on here about the sales bombardment other users have experienced when buying from these people and after having your head battered for five hours, you really do just want to get out of there... but I digress).

On Sunday, the engine suddenly started making a strange grinding and hammering noise which did not sound at all healthy.

Obviously, I had to wait until Monday to ring the NAC (the Warranty Carcraft give you).

When I got through to them, they told me that due to the short period of time that I had owned the car, I should really go back through Carcraft.

Little alarms bells were ringing already but I did as I was told.

I told them the problem, that the car was pretty much undriveable due to this horrendous (and worrying) noise.

They told me the earliest they could book me in was the 28th July. Now bear in mind, I was calling on the 20th July and this is just to LOOK at the car, repairs would obviously take any return of the vehicle beyond that date.

I told them that eight days just to get the car booked in was unacceptable and after much stamping of feet, a few phonecalls to various departments and I was given authority to take the car to one of their "Approved Repairers", Nationwide Garage straight away.

They told me that they were instructing Nationwide to do a "diagnostics" and then report back to Carcraft with the findings and they would decide what to do once the problem (and, I presume cost to fix etc) was known.

So, I took the car there and a few hours later, I receive a call from Carcraft saying that the car was being taken back to Carcraft's garage.

Obviously, I am now going a bit berserk because I had already been told that they couldn't do anything for eight days and I stamped my feet a bit more and they kindly agreed to give me a courtesy car.

However, they would not tell me what was wrong with MY car. I spoke to the man at the Nationwide Garage and he told me that because Carcraft were paying the bill for the diagnostic, he could not tell me what was wrong with my car.

This was all yesterday and today, the car was taken to Carcraft and I had to go back to Nationwide to pick up the courtesy car. Again, no one would tell me anything about my car.

I rang Carcraft when I got home and was told some absolute cock and bull by Carcraft that they cannot tell me what is wrong with my car because they have not received the report from Nationwide (thirty years ago, this might have been a valid excuse but in these days of faxes, emails, telephones and other methods of digital distribution, this is by far the most laughable thing I have heard).

After much more stamping of feet, the nice lady at Carcraft Customer Services said that I should think myself lucky - most customers don't receive a courtesy car.

Funnily enough, I had not thought of it in that way. This glass is definitely half-empty.

She told me she would ring me back today or, if she had no further news, then it would be tomorrow.

I'm not holding my breath.

However, a few points spring to mind here:-

1) As the owner of the vehicle, is it not my right to know of any findings made by Nationwide Garage, regardless of who paid for the report?

2) If Carcraft have taken the car back without knowing the findings from Nationwide then what was the point of instructing Nationwide to perform the diagnostic? (My feeling is that either Nationwide didn't perform the diagnostic and they just did all this to shut me up yesterday OR the findings were so bad that I have been driving myself and my familiy around in a potential death trap for the last three months).

3) If I can never know what was in that report, how can I ever know and be fully satisfied in my mind that the car has been fixed properly? I can hardly take it to an independent garage and say, "can you check the car, something has been fixed, but I don't know what, but I want to know if they have fixed it properly".

I must say that there seem to be an awful lot of conflicts of interests here and none are in my favour.

Sorry to hear about your problems.

The resolution that I would suggest, will ultimately end up divulging the information. You need to write to carcraft. Giving them 7 days to repair, refund or replace (this is standard fair, under the sale of goods act). Warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on.

If you like the car and want it repaired, then state that this is what you would like in the first instance - you can still reject it afterwards if the repair is 'unsatisfactory' and here lies the answer to the problem. You need to know what the problem is - so does carcraft/nationwide in order to repair the motor! include in your letter, that you need to know, in order to have the repair independently checked afterwards. Send it recorded delivery and see what happens.

If you don't hear anything within 7 days, send them another letter giving them 3 days and if you still don't hear anything - claim your refund through the courts.

Something tells me that they will respond. You have one of their assets!

Yes, that sounds like a very reasonable plan of action.

To be fair however, I have just received a call from Carcraft (yes, they called me, I didn't need to chase) and they have told me what the problem is, that the new parts have been ordered today and work should commence on Friday.

To murky the waters somewhat, I am actually going on a family holiday to Wales on the 2nd August so I really wanted the car back before then and I have told them this and was told today that it should be ready well before then (I would expect the work to be finished within 3 working days at a maximum really).

I am hoping to get the car back with a few days to spare before I go away so that I can get it independently checked before taking it on holiday (I am likely to be doing over 500 miles during the week in Wales and I will be sweating until I get my confidence in the car back).

Of course, all of this is talk right now and I will only be fully satisfied when I get the car back (hopefully next Tuesday at the latest) and it is independently checked over and found to be in satisfactory condition.

However, I must say that yesterday's complete communication back-out aside, I cannot complain too much about the service so far but I can only give a true assessment when the whole episode is over one way or the other.

As I said in my original post, I have had to stamp my feet a bit and have had to be quite assertive with them otherwise, they would not have given me the courtesy car and they would have had my car sitting idle until the 28th July.

But so far, the episode doesn't seem quite the horror story others have experienced with Carcraft circa 2006-2007 so maybe they are shaping themselves a bit these days because they know their reputation is in the gutter.

I'll keep everyone posted on the outcome of this.

Received a phone call from Carcraft this afternoon around 4.30pm telling me my car was ready. :eek:

It had needed a new starter motor and something to do with the alternator belt & tensioner.

I was a little surprised that they didn't volunteer some kind of written note of the work that had been done until I insisted on it and the chap looked a little taken aback when I did insist on it but there you go.

I have just driven the car back from there (which involved a short motorway stretch) and nothing has fell off, so, touch wood, all seems to have been sorted.

I must admit, I went into this situation on Monday expecting a hellish experience but with the problem reported on Monday and my car back with me on Thursday with a courtesy car in the interim, I can only say that my experience has been A1.

I'm sure sometimes things do go wrong and it must be immensely frustrating for those people and I am not defending Carcraft at all but I was going to report on here "warts and all" my own experience and that is what I have done.

In fact, the whole experience has taught me a valuable lesson.

The courtesy car they gave me was a bog-standard 55 plate Corsa - I will NEVER buy a Corsa! A shopping trolley powered by a hairdryer. :D