You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Well, you've highlighted the problem yourself, whatever you decide will carry some risk.   However, I would think the risk of a default judgement & CCJ is to be avoided at all costs and the least worse thing would be to write them a two-line letter with their reference number and your new address.   As usual, any details you can give us on the forum sticky would be useful for the future      
    • That the value I paid for.. 250..  The cctv footage it's archived. 2 of them.. 
    • No copy of signature.. Just a name "jolly"... On tracking no proof of signature 
    • Thanks for the message that is what I thought. In the mean time they have sent another message, below, I can’t follow up with Amazon until 48 hours. But I will go armed.    “Your return period is 30 days with ourselves and then you are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.”    
    • OK, I found the letter I was looking for:     Dear Sir/Madam,   Reference: [order number]   On [date], I placed an order for a [item] and it was delivered by you on [date].   I have discovered that the [item] has the following problem: [give details].   The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.    Any returns policy that says I have to cover the cost of returning items must only relate to the situation where I change my mind about the item ordered and not where there is a problem with the item.    I should not lose out financially as a result of your breach of contract and accordingly all costs of returning the item should be met by you.    I also require you to confirm you will arrange for [the item] to be collected.   I look forward to hearing from you.   Yours faithfully, [Your name]
  • Our picks

• Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
noogie

T Mobile G! Mobile phone

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4009 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I took out hte G1 phone ith t mobile I wanted something I could access the internet when I wanted to and a qwerty keyboard. I read the spec and it stated Talk time up to 5 hrs standby up to 132 hr charge time 4 hr

What i have got is G1 qwerty keyboard talk time 3 calls approx 5 min in total and thats only if you can get a signal , 5 hrs and the phone and battery goes dead, T mobile state I have a good signal from my home and I have told them GOOD but its a mobile phone to use away from my home. They asked for the postacode of areas I go to and to be honest I told them not to be so rediculous. My phone is not fit for the purpose it was sold.

Where do I stand? What can I do? I am in a contract, I dont mind the contract I just need a phone that works and doesnt need to be switched off and onn to re initialise everytime.

You have 14 days to return it as not suitible. If you are outwith this then you cannot repudiate the contract, and need to see what's up with the phone. You may have one that is at the 'low end' of the spec, and its sensitivity is weak. These handsets are made by HTC and are a fairly reliable brand, but you may need a service sentre to runit it through a test proceedure to ensure it is working to spec.

Hi thanks for your reply, I have had the phone infairnes longer than 14 days, I dont want to get out of the contract I just want a phone that works. I have a disabled father and I need a phone. T Mobile want me to travle 20 miles to the nearest t mobile shop and 20 miles back then repeat this to collect it. Quite frankly I would like a phone that works doesnt have to be expensive, can be a non camera basic as long as get a signal and can use it. I wanted a mobile phone to take with me not be attached to a lead, I could have a house phone that does that. I feel very angry and frustarated:-x

Turn 3g/bluetooth and all bits like that off completely when you're not using them to maximise the battery life.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

If the travel is unreasonable, use RM Special Delivery and ask them for the address of their approved repair centre.

T-Mobile customer services always tell the customer to pop into their local T-Mobile store to send the handset away for repair in order to save money.

But it isn't the only option, Call up 150 again and tell them you want the Jiffy bag sent to your door to send it away for repair (If they get cocky or you get a clueless CSR tell them you want transfered to TDMS).

Basically what happens is they send a Jiffy bag to your door, you send it away and within 3-5 days your handset is back, hopefully repaired. They don't openly advertise that they can do this as the infrastructure is already in place in stores to sort out repairs.

THanks for all the replies