Orange mobile unsolicited charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had my monthly dolphin plan bill today from Orange, which had £4.50 extra which I could not account for.

When I rang them I was told that I had recieved 3 texts froma company called

Vinister ( a gambling line) which I never asked for and to be honest I don't think I recieved.

On ring them I cancelled my mobile number with them, but I want this refunded.

Has any one any ideas about this company or if Orange sometimes makes mistakes because I am sure I never had these texts!

Any help appreciated

You will need to contact the shortcode company directly to request that they refund the charge. Go to the PhonePayPlus website (used to be Icstis) and type in the shortcode of the company involved (hopefully Orange have given you this 5 digit shortcode, else log into your online account on the Orange website to get it from your itemised bill).

This will give you full details of the company (Vinister), including contact details and an address if you prefer.

• 2 years later...

I recently contacted Three direct and decided to migrate my number from O2 to Three on their 'The One Plan SIM Only' tariff. Once this process had been completed, I asked them to ensure that my phone was activated for International Roaming. Imagine then, my shock when I was told that because I had a SIM Only tariff and had not purchased a phone from them, that I would have to wait 60 days for International Roaming. I told them this was completely unacceptable and asked them why, offering to pay a deposit if necessary, they said this was not possible and it was a companywide "policy decision". I then asked why I was not told this before I agreed to move to Three, given this was a significant and material deviation from what could be reasonably accepted. I told them it was akin to selling me a car and then informing me that I couldn't put fuel in it for 60 days.

The service agent said all he could do was "apologise", saying that it was a policy decision and there could be no deviation. Then to rub salt in the wound, he said if I wanted to leave I would have to give 30 days notice and by then "you will be close to the 60 day period".

This was subsequently escalated to a "senior manager", but she was equally belligerent, saying that the policy decision was made because of an increased risk of fraud on international roaming and it was applied universally and had nothing to do with credit ratings. I said I was willing to pay a deposit if necessary, she refused. I asked her why I was not informed about something so fundamental at the time of my initial enquiry, she said she apologised. I asked her why this material condition was not included on their website or within their terms and conditions, she refused to respond. I asked her how she could claim that someone that opted to go for a 'Sim Only' deal was a bigger risk that someone that both a new iPhone from Three, she declined to answer.

I can fully accept that Three need to protect themselves from the risks associated with international roaming, because of the time it takes to receive call data from other operators. But the risks associated with this fraud are minute in the extreme and to have a blanket policy for everyone, without any option of paying a deposit etc., is completely unacceptable and in my view, a clear indication of their utter contempt for customer service. As for applying "policy decision" in such an arbitrary way, without informing the customer in advance, making it clear or including it within their terms and conditions, this is outrageous. My advice to all Three customers that experience such contempt is to vote with your feet, unless, or until the shareholders feel the pain in their pockets, little will change. As for the senior manager who made this "policy decision", I suggest he or she spends a little more time in the real world, before their decisions result in extended leave.