You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

noogie

GE Money Charges can they do this

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4006 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Last August I missed one mortgage payment on main mortgage and little mortg husband lost his job. We called them and offered £100 per month to clear inaddition to the monthly payment (932) and £25 off little mortg (£250). This was refused and we were told it wasnt enough they wanted £250 = £300 on main and £100 on small. Told them we couldnt afford that and this went on for 3 months when during on of the numerous telephone calls I said Look you have refused our offer to which they replied well things have change and we will accept it now. A direct debit duly set up and payment made, HOWEVER for this privelage they have added on £40 per month each account for late payment, daily interest and letter charges. altogether about £1200. I asked in the meantime If i Could rate switch the small account and was told not whilst in arrears. I have paid up the arrears on both accounts and again asked the same to be told the little morgtgage is not a mortgage but a secured loan and therefore no I cant change it. It has alaways been referred to as morgage and infact when the base rate changed so did my payment and if this was a secured loan that wouldnt happen. They have added the charges to my mortage which now means I will pay interest on that for the remainder of the mortgage. Canm they do that , it has increased my repayments per month

they wont listen any advice please.

I have the same problem But my charges are now in excess of 6.000

I am not sure whether we can claim these back like the bank charges

The small one probably is a secured loan and it can be on a variable rate and would therefore change with the bank rate. Some people call them a second mortgage because it is secured.

The charges may or may not be fair but I am not sure if there is enough information available to challenge these at present. You could always make an overpayment to cover the amount so as not to pay interest for the life of your mortgage.

If your small loan is on a higher rate than your main mortgage it is probably because your small loan is on the variable rate and the mortgage on a tracker rate. Make sure you keep a good payment and credit record and in 2 or 3 years when the rates are higher you will be able to remortgage.

I hope I have helped explain the situation.

Pedross