You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

whizzkid001

Can Asda CC do this??

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4006 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Have had an Asda CC for 2 years now, never missed a single payment. However, I wrote several weeks ago telling them I was undergoing temporary hardship, and could I make reduced payments until my business picked up.

Last week, I received a £1,000 PPI refund, which went straight into paying off half the balance currently owed, I also made that month's payment on top, so there was no debt owed and consequently not in hardship any longer.

However, having not once responded to my initial letter, I called them today and was horrified to discover that they have already cancelled/closed my account, and even though I told them I was no longer in hardship, if I wanted a card still, I would have to reapply!!

My questions are:

1) should I not have been given 30 days notice of their intention to close my account?

2) I can see from their Terms & conditions that they can give you, on request, a payment holiday - which is the most I would have needed. Why was this not suggested or offered before arbitrarily closing my account?

I think they are well out of order for doing this. Any advice?

Settled Claims:

Abbey: £4025 Claimed 27/02/06 - Paid in full 19/06/06

NatWest: £4529 Claimed 10/05/06 - Paid in full 1/08/06

Halifax: £1150 lba 18/05/06 - Paid in full 07/06/06

Natwest CC: £420 Initial letter 25/07/06 - Paid in full 08/06

Woolwich: £1100 Paid in full 28/2/07 + Default removed

NatWest Pt 2: £1700 Claimed 10/05/06 - Paid in full 7/2/07 + Defaults removed

Current Claims:

Abbey Pt 2: £2300 + adverse credit removal claimed 23/03/07

Alliance & Leicester: £1421 + adverse credit removal claimed 23/03/07

Refunds pending:

Capital Bank: Swift Advances: Halifax

Son's Refunds pending:

Abbey: HSBC

Guest Old_andrew2018

I agree they are out of order, have they spoken to you about paying the outstanding balance, I'm no expert but I can't see them allowing you to have another CC acount.