Im in debt £7000

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am in debt of just over £7000

i have 1st credit,dlc Plus another 3 or 4 on my back on my back about paying these back...

have just received a court letter from dlc hand delivered very kindly from the courts saying i will be imprisoned for 14 days if i do not get in touch with hartlepool crown court..this court letter is printed but it states in pen i will be imprisoned..can they lock me up over a loan??? the loan was with welcome finance.

this has really scared me...

now does anyone know of any debt solution companies who can just take one payment a month for all these debts? is this the right way out or do i pay them £5 a month for the rest of my life(i work part time....

PLEASE PLEASE ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED ;)

PS SORRY IF I HAVE POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG PART OF THE FORUM!!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please can you provide a little more information about your problem.

Money claims are not made through a Crown and/or Magistrates Court.

Have you already been to Court over your problem?

We can help with advice but only if you provide it.

AC

The DCA's would love debtors to be locked up...but unless there are any criminal elements to this case, then you will not be imprisoned for being in debt.

The only thing i can think of is if there has been a CCJ & maybe contempt of court?

Otherwise it will be the DCA playing silly buggers as per usual of which they can reported to the authorities & prosecuted themselves for impersonating a court...which they usually do :rolleyes:

From memory the reference to 14 days imprisionment relates to not turning up at the court, when on has been ordered to do so.

Clearly, if anyone receives such an Order, they will attend.

What I cannot understand, is why anyone would be going to a Crown Court re: Money Matters?

by cleanphrophet:

have just received a court letter from dlc hand delivered very kindly from the courts saying i will be imprisoned for 14 days if i do not get in touch with hartlepool crown court..this court letter is printed but it states in pen i will be imprisoned..can they lock me up over a loan??? the loan was with welcome finance.

this has really scared me..."

I am not surprised that you are scared and you cannot be locked up over a Loan.

If you are too scared to post further, please contact your local CAB and/or phone National debtline.

AC

So you took out a loan with Welcome finance and now Hartlepool Crown Court are threatening to send you to prison for 14 days????

Do you have a scanner, if you could scan this letter (removing personal details) and upload it I'm sure every man, woman and their dogs on this site would like to see it and will offer you advice.

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

i have about 4 to 5 debts all relating to a few years back

now today i received a letter hand delivered from hartlepool crown court saying unfortunately i was not at home to be given some court documents or papers(i rang dlc and they said it could be some papers to do with attatchment of earnings).Now in pen he has written if i dont get in touch it will result in 14 days in prison..now this debt alone goes back to 2004..now it was a loan for £1000 £400 interest and it was from welcome finance..now i have been disputing this for years only because they have added £700 charges the day it got passed over to the debt company!!! now i know its 5 or so years ago but this letter has scared me!! i am looking into going bankrupt for the these debts..i may have ccj's on this loan and others as its been a few years now!! just to repeat the letter is hand delivered and states hartlepool crown court,claim number,hillesden services aka dlc and says in photocopied pen if not contacted urgently further action taken which may result in your arrest and 14 days in prison

as for the other debts on is with 1st credit and no one has been in touch as yet about the other debts!!!!

Edited by cleanprophet

Scan whatever you have post it up here after removing your personal details, (Name address account numbers and such) just so we can see what this says.

It sounds like total (Edit) to me.

If you havent got a scanner you can get it scanned for free at your local library.

Until I see it, I cant believe they would be so foolish to mention prison!

(But wouldnt put it passed them!)

I notice that the dear old Cagbot has edited an adjective in the second sentence of this post, deeming the word used as "inappropriate"

I draw the Cagbot's attention to the case of Nottingham City Council -v- Virgin Records 1977 where the Council similary deemed the use of the word as obsene and inappropriate.

The manager of the Nottingham branch of the Virgin Record Store and Mr Richard Branson were proscuted under s.28 of the Town Police Clauses Act 1847 for having displayed the word in a shop front advertisement for the newly released Sex Pistols album "Never Mind the Badgers" ;-)

In his defence, Richard Branson employed the counsel of Sir John Mortimer QC, who produce expert witnesses who were able to demonstrate that the word "badgers" ;-) was actually a legitimate Old English term originally used to refer to a priest, and which, in the context of the title, meant "nonsense".

The chairman of the Nottingham magistrates benchwas forced to conclude:

"Much as my colleagues and I wholeheartedly deplore the vulgar exploitation of the worst instincts of human nature for the purchases of commercial profits by both you and your company, we must reluctantly find you not guilty of each of the four charges."

I use this word in precisely the same context in the above post.

roof-attack015.jpg

Edited by noomill060

i have about 4 to 5 debts all relating to a few years back

now today i received a letter hand delivered from hartlepool crown court saying unfortunately i was not at home to be given some court documents or papers This really doesn't sound right... court papers normally come from Northampton anyway and would have nothing to do with whether you were in or out at the time of delivery, since they're sent through the post. (i rang dlc and they said it could be some papers to do with attatchment of earnings). As far as I'm aware, attachment of earnings papers would only be relevant if there was a CCJ in place already.... Now in pen he has written if i dont get in touch it will result in 14 days in prison..it just doesn't work like that!! now this debt alone goes back to 2004..now it was a loan for £1000 £400 interest and it was from welcome finance..now i have been disputing this for years only because they have added £700 charges the day it got passed over to the debt company!!! They had no right to do that... and it means that the amount on any associated CCJ would be incorrect (if there is one) now i know its 5 or so years ago but this letter has scared me!! I'm not surprised!! i am looking into going bankrupt for the these debts..i may have ccj's on this loan and others as its been a few years now!! just to repeat the letter is hand delivered and states hartlepool crown court,claim number,hillesden services aka dlc and says in photocopied pen if not contacted urgently further action taken which may result in your arrest and 14 days in prison I'd be inclined to photocopy this and forward it to your local Trading Standards and the OFT for starters. On the face of it, it sounds like intimidation at its very worst... and someone needs a slap down. Have you 'phoned Hartlepool Crown Court ? If not, give them a ring and just run it by them with any ref. no. that's on there.

as for the other debts on is with 1st credit and no one has been in touch as yet about the other debts!!!!

:mad:

My gut instinct is saying that they're desperate for you to make contact before the account becomes staute-barred.... but until we can see the letter, there is still room for doubt.

Whatever you do though, DO NOT contact DLC. Check it out by 'phoning the court where it's alleged to have come from.

by PriorityOne:

" Have you 'phoned Hartlepool Crown Court ? If not, give them a ring and just run it by them with any ref. no. that's on there"

Agreed!

Take that step in the morning and then post up what they have to say on the matter.

AC