6 yr old Next claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

lookiing for some helpfull advice on how to respond to a Next claim.

I bought some living room furniture in 2003, when it arrived it was not as the brochure. Next said to replace the items they would scrap the current agreement and send out a new one for me to sign and send back. I never received it because they never sent it. now it is 2009 and I am being persued for the original agreement of which I made 2 payments.. is this enforceable? I am also being asked to pay interest. today is the first letter I have received since 2003.

Appreciate some advice.

Sabai300

Hi Sabai300

Generally Next do not possess any enforceable agreements (if at all) for older accounts (and I don't mean that old!).

Check this thread out and the link which I posted a few posts down in the thread;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/210331-robinson-way-ccj.html

Cheers

Rob

Nothinwithstanding robcag's comments, what date did you make the last payment? More than 6 years & it's statute barred in any case.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Hi All,

lookiing for some helpfull advice on how to respond to a Next claim.

I bought some living room furniture in 2003, when it arrived it was not as the brochure. Next said to replace the items they would scrap the current agreement and send out a new one for me to sign and send back. I never received it because they never sent it. now it is 2009 and I am being persued for the original agreement of which I made 2 payments.. is this enforceable? I am also being asked to pay interest. today is the first letter I have received since 2003.

Appreciate some advice.

Sabai300

Well done Sabai, was looking for it in the general forum rather than the legal one :-D

As foolishgirl has stated, chances are this is statute barred if you only made two payments and have not acknowledged the debt in writing in a 6 year period.

S.

As I pointed out by pm - we need the date of the last payment

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

IMHO it does - it became statute barred either at the end of April 2009 or at some point in May 2009 - depending exactly when the payment was made

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

If I understand the statute barred laws correct its 6 years to the day the payment was due, so if you paid in May, the next payment would be in June which is the one missed, I would say June is when it becomes statute barred :-D

I would if you are sure of the last repayment date (check your bank statements) send the statute barred debt letter.

S.

If I understand the statute barred laws correct its 6 years to the day the payment was due, so if you paid in May, the next payment would be in June which is the one missed, I would say June is when it becomes statute barred

That's what I understood too Shadow

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Thanks Foolishgirl.

my English is terrible... June is when it "became" statute barred not "becomes" :-D

S.

Oh, what's an o between friends?! :D Meaning perfectly clear.