O2 Retail - iPhone Problems Please Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have an Apple iPhone which is on a 2 year contract with O2 and I signed up for it about 2 months ago, the problem I have is that the battery on device is only lasting about 5 hours on stand by and its clearly not right.

O2 do not want to know and advise me to call the network directly, I call then and they say that the need to send it off for repair etc,

Is this right? I am paying £35 PM + £10PM Insurance for a 2 month phone with damage what so ever to be sent away for repair.

what if anything am I entitled to?

Thanks

Scott

I'll give the bad news first, as the phone is 2 months old, as far as I am aware O2 have a repsonsilbility for the first 30days(I may be wrong and I'm sure someone will tell you if I am) but you have a 12 month warranty with Apple the makers of the phone. It would mean them having to have a look at the phone to check it out and find the fault, which in turn would mean that you don't have to claim on the insurance route. It may be worth bearing in mind that the bods at the Eu state that electrical equipment should be guaranteed for at least 2 years. I found that out from one of the main newspapers after a guy went to tescos because his tv went wrong just after 12 months of use. You may be able to google it to find more info.

But in the first instance, I would goto Apple. I had to do this when my LG 910 wouldn't work properly the touch screen wasn't working properly, so I called them explained what was going on they sent me out all the bits to send my phone for repair under the 12 month warranty given by LG, lucky enough it was a software problem and was sorted out pretty quickly, so I didn't have to claim on the phone insurance that I have.

So try that route first.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

who did you actually get the phone from? if it was an O2 store the store is responsbile under the sale of goods act. Just ask them for a new battery - it could just be as simple as that - go and play nice to the store manager

Do you have a Apple store nearby, if you do take it in and they might replace it on the spot. My wife has a 3G (not the new 3Gs) which developed a charging problem about 6 months in to her contract, O2 didn't want to know as she didn't have insurance so she took it in to Apple in Southampton. One of the guys tested the phone but could not replicate the fault but did say that the handset would be replaced if she provided proof of ownership and the original packaging. We went back the following day and it was swapped out there and then.

To be honest I can't fault the staff in the Southampton store, they have been fantastic on the three occasions we have needed their help. My only criticism is they do seem a little too happy, like an American store assistant but on drugs!

• 1 month later...

If its an I-Phone all O2 stores send them back to Apple. Batteries and other accessories are covered for 6 months. You need to go through your O2 store as the retailer, not via apple. Dont let them fob you off(I know, as I work for the company that handles O2's repairs, as well as other phone companies)