HSBC query

trim1971
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife has put a claim in and has stated that she would like it dealing with due to financial hardship. She has today been contacted by an external organisation claiming to be working for HSBC and that they would be sending some forms for her to fill in as all claims are on hold. I presumed that financial hardship cases had to be looked at by the banks? This company has also asked her if she has any car hp loans in the last 6years as she may have been charged payment protection. This to me seems very strange that an external company would contact her and not the bank, can anyone advise or shed any light on this ?

Hi,

Sounds very dodgy, how long ago was the claim put in and I take it HSBC themselves have not responded.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hsbc replied with a list of charges. Letter sent back to them requesting a refund due to hardship 2 weeks ago. Since then no reply from the bank just this call today saying we should have recieved some forms and that they'll send more out as not recieved. All very strange. My wife asked if they were acting on behalf of the bank and they said Yes

Hsbc replied with a list of charges. Letter sent back to them requesting a refund due to hardship 2 weeks ago. Since then no reply from the bank just this call today saying we should have recieved some forms and that they'll send more out as not recieved. All very strange. My wife asked if they were acting on behalf of the bank and they said Yes

HSBC should send out income and expenditure forms under financial hardship.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Hi trim , welcome to the forum :)

I must agree with Maroondevo and Jailbird . This sounds a bit strange - external companies don't normally get involved unless they're going to make money somewhere along the line .

I would advise letting us know which company this is , please , then wait for someone to advise you further ...... you'll get quick answers on here , so nothing will be lost by just making sure all is above board . :D

As yourbank says ,I & E forms are normally sent out by HSBC themselves - I'd be careful.......

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Hi trim , welcome to the forum :)

I must agree with Maroondevo and Jailbird . This sounds a bit strange - external companies don't normally get involved unless they're going to make money somewhere along the line .

I would advise letting us know which company this is , please , then wait for someone to advise you further ...... you'll get quick answers on here , so nothing will be lost by just making sure all is above board . :D

As yourbank says ,I & E forms are normally sent out by HSBC themselves - I'd be careful.......

Gotta agree with JM, if you don't fill it in then enjoy what many a newbie in a new job has to go through, a long weight ;)

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

hi the forms arrived today from a company called i-sm@rt consumer services ltd claiming they have been successful reclaiming charges from HSBC. How are these people aware we have put a claim into HSBC?

hi the forms arrived today from a company called i-sm@rt consumer services ltd claiming they have been successful reclaiming charges from HSBC. How are these people aware we have put a claim into HSBC?

No idea but they are talking utter BS

Gotta agree with yb :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Me too,:) I wouldn't be surprised if they've got a mole feeding them from HSBC database ..... but I'd keep well clear if it were me... as yb says , if they're claiming to get money back for current account charges they're talking BS .......

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D