Can anyone help me with Court Case???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have a court date set for 25th August, sent my court bundle off in time. Virgin Media had to send me and the court their bundle by 20th July 4pm. Telephoned court today the lady I spoke to said they have not had Virgin Media court bundle(nor have I) so I said to her what happens now, does the court hearing still go ahead, she said it may not go ahead (not too sure if the lady I spoke to really knew what she was talking about).

Does anybody know or have been in the same situation as me as to what happens when a company you are taking to court does not produce their evidence and paperwork, surely I have paid for a court hearing I would of thought it would still go ahead considering I have a very strong case against VM.

Anyway any advise would be much appreciated.

Thread moved.............

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Have a court date set for 25th August, sent my court bundle off in time. Virgin Media had to send me and the court their bundle by 20th July 4pm. Telephoned court today the lady I spoke to said they have not had Virgin Media court bundle(nor have I) so I said to her what happens now, does the court hearing still go ahead, she said it may not go ahead (not too sure if the lady I spoke to really knew what she was talking about).

Does anybody know or have been in the same situation as me as to what happens when a company you are taking to court does not produce their evidence and paperwork, surely I have paid for a court hearing I would of thought it would still go ahead considering I have a very strong case against VM.

Anyway any advise would be much appreciated.

Unless there was some sort of sanction attached to the Order the hearing will still go ahead. Can you post a copy of the Order

Technically it means that the other side can't bring any evidence UNLESS they get the permission of the Judge on the day.

I have to say that providing they serve you with their bundle at least a couple of days before the hearing that they IMO it is likely that will get permision. If they produce the bundle on the day of the hearing - what happens will depend on the Judge - s/he'll either adjourn and they'll have to pay the wasted costs or s/he'll refuse to hear their evidence and you'll win

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Thanks I've got no money, that's all I needed to know, it's a shame if VM don't turn up as I was soooo looking forward to seeing them in court but in all honesty i have concrete evidence against them even down to them blatantly lying on their defence form which i can prove, i just can't believe that VM are so arrogant. I was passed to their legal affairs team ages ago, they don't acknowledge my letters but i honestly thought they would comply with the courts, well i was certainly wrong there.....

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Patma

I emailed Neil Burkett who is the chief Executive officer for Virgin Media on the 27th July telling him how disgusted I am with his company and that they had missed the deadline sending their court bundle to the court, he emailed me straight back and said he was on the case and passed it down to David Bond at legal affairs who basically said - we are filing our documents in these proceedings with the view to attending court on the 25th August, but we would, as noted, be willing to entertain any offer to settle and avoid a court hearing. My cost have increased and I spoke to the court yesterday and they advised me to fill in a N244 form and enclosed an extra £75 to cover the court costs, the lady i spoke to at the court told me the judge has already looked at my paperwork and he obviously can see it warrants extra costs to myself.

The following day which was the 28th July i received Virgin Media pathetic court bundle even though it was outside the deadline, so I don't know what the judge will think, but to be perfectly honest i really can't see them turning up in court on the 25th, well there is still time for them to contact me to settle even though i won't be holding my breath.

Good luck then idon'towemoney. It won't be long to the 25th now.

Are you all prepared in case they don't back out?

Hi,

Yes I am all prepared, however because this week I had to fill in a N244 form to increase my claim I now have a court date for the 19th October, not sure if I have to still appear in court on the 25th August for the original application anybody reading this thread can you still have 2 court dates even though my expsenses have increased?