You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

idon'towemoney

Can anyone help me with Court Case???

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3981 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Have a court date set for 25th August, sent my court bundle off in time. Virgin Media had to send me and the court their bundle by 20th July 4pm. Telephoned court today the lady I spoke to said they have not had Virgin Media court bundle(nor have I) so I said to her what happens now, does the court hearing still go ahead, she said it may not go ahead (not too sure if the lady I spoke to really knew what she was talking about).

Does anybody know or have been in the same situation as me as to what happens when a company you are taking to court does not produce their evidence and paperwork, surely I have paid for a court hearing I would of thought it would still go ahead considering I have a very strong case against VM.

Anyway any advise would be much appreciated.

Hi,

You'd be better off posting this in the legal issues forum. I'll alert the site team to move your thread.

BB

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Thread moved.............

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Have a court date set for 25th August, sent my court bundle off in time. Virgin Media had to send me and the court their bundle by 20th July 4pm. Telephoned court today the lady I spoke to said they have not had Virgin Media court bundle(nor have I) so I said to her what happens now, does the court hearing still go ahead, she said it may not go ahead (not too sure if the lady I spoke to really knew what she was talking about).

Does anybody know or have been in the same situation as me as to what happens when a company you are taking to court does not produce their evidence and paperwork, surely I have paid for a court hearing I would of thought it would still go ahead considering I have a very strong case against VM.

Anyway any advise would be much appreciated.

Unless there was some sort of sanction attached to the Order the hearing will still go ahead. Can you post a copy of the Order

Technically it means that the other side can't bring any evidence UNLESS they get the permission of the Judge on the day.

I have to say that providing they serve you with their bundle at least a couple of days before the hearing that they IMO it is likely that will get permision. If they produce the bundle on the day of the hearing - what happens will depend on the Judge - s/he'll either adjourn and they'll have to pay the wasted costs or s/he'll refuse to hear their evidence and you'll win

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Thanks I've got no money, that's all I needed to know, it's a shame if VM don't turn up as I was soooo looking forward to seeing them in court but in all honesty i have concrete evidence against them even down to them blatantly lying on their defence form which i can prove, i just can't believe that VM are so arrogant. I was passed to their legal affairs team ages ago, they don't acknowledge my letters but i honestly thought they would comply with the courts, well i was certainly wrong there.....

Pleased to see you've had some help, good luck and best wishes :)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Hi idon'towemoney, any news?

Hi Patma

I emailed Neil Burkett who is the chief Executive officer for Virgin Media on the 27th July telling him how disgusted I am with his company and that they had missed the deadline sending their court bundle to the court, he emailed me straight back and said he was on the case and passed it down to David Bond at legal affairs who basically said - we are filing our documents in these proceedings with the view to attending court on the 25th August, but we would, as noted, be willing to entertain any offer to settle and avoid a court hearing. My cost have increased and I spoke to the court yesterday and they advised me to fill in a N244 form and enclosed an extra £75 to cover the court costs, the lady i spoke to at the court told me the judge has already looked at my paperwork and he obviously can see it warrants extra costs to myself.

The following day which was the 28th July i received Virgin Media pathetic court bundle even though it was outside the deadline, so I don't know what the judge will think, but to be perfectly honest i really can't see them turning up in court on the 25th, well there is still time for them to contact me to settle even though i won't be holding my breath.

Good luck then idon'towemoney. It won't be long to the 25th now.

Are you all prepared in case they don't back out?

Good luck then idon'towemoney. It won't be long to the 25th now.

Are you all prepared in case they don't back out?

Hi,

Yes I am all prepared, however because this week I had to fill in a N244 form to increase my claim I now have a court date for the 19th October, not sure if I have to still appear in court on the 25th August for the original application anybody reading this thread can you still have 2 court dates even though my expsenses have increased?