You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Magpie_Moments

Capital One, Default Removal

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4010 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Dear all,

I am trying to get a default removed by Capital One, that I had no knowledge of (It was my debt but had no knowledge of this default until after the event.) I first realised this when I checked a copy of my credit report.

I sent Capital one a letter asking for them to substantiate this with evidence and this is the paragraph i included:

"1. You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within S.78 (1) consumer credit act 1974 (S.77 (1) for fixed sum credit). Your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal orderin payment of the statutory fee (number....)

2.You must supply me with a signed true and certified copy of the original default notice.

3. Any deed of assignment if the debt was sold on."

Today I got a letter back, Plus a cheque for £1 saying:

"As you may be aware, you bought your balance to zero with a final payment of £... on the 22nd January 2009.

Where there is no sum which is, or will, or may become payable under the credit agreement, then the obligation to provide documentation under section 78 of the consumer credit act 1974 does not apply. Therefore, on the basis of the above, we have no obligation to provide you with a copy of the documents that you have requested."

I assume this means that as my balance is zero and the account is now closed then they will not provide me with this information. Is there anyway I can get around this as I don't know where to go with this now and I have to get this sorted as I am looking to buy a house early next year.

Many Thanks for your help, Nats :confused:

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT