Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Excellent, please consider a modest contribution to the site in recognition of the help you have had and the potential expense saved.
    • Hi all,   Background - after a boozy Christmas pub-crawl in Kirkcaldy with friends my wife came to get me in my car to kindly pour me home. :-)     Weeks later I got a letter (as the registered keeper of my car) advising that it was parked in a private car park (Nicol Street, Kirkcaldy) at 7.41pm on 27th December and asking me for £160! (£100 fine and £60 "debt collection fee"). This was the first contact and the car never got a ticket as it was at night and over the Christmas holidays and dark - my wife and I were unaware that this was a private car park and she was only there to collect me.   I ignored it.   Today I received a Demand Before Court Action letter for £160 - only the 2nd bit of correspondence and some 6 and a half months after "the event". They are using Pollock Fairbridge Schiavone solicitors and stating their clients "have not heard from you (me) regarding payment".  I'm the owner of the car but not the driver who put it there so I have indeed never contacted them.   Am I correct in thinking: a) I am under no obligation as the Registered Keeper to respond? b) I am not required to respond as the driver technically commits the offence, not the car? c) I am under no obligation to disclose who was driving? d) They have no right to get my details from the DVLA? e) The Protection of Freedom Act 2012 does not apply in Scotland? f) As a one-off event where no damage was made trespass on this land is not appropriate?   Do I continue to ignore this?   Thanks in advance for any advice.        
    • British Retail Consortium says prices of staple items will go up 'substantially' if there is no deal.   https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jul/10/no-deal-brexit-will-raise-cost-of-uk-household-staples-say-retailers
    • Well done! This is more than likely the end of it, but you should check with the court at some stage that they've officially discontinued.   They can still chase you for the debt, and they might, but you can just ignore. If they were to issue proceedings again, you can refer to this case in your submissions - it won't reflect very well on them if their case is similar to this time. The chances of them trying again are probably slim though.
    • Send the AOS immediately with intention to defend.  Monitor this thread for a fuller reply lster or tomorrow
  • Our picks

    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies

Northern Rock change of parties - HELP!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4004 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts


I have a Northern ROck mortgage. It is in arrears due to marital breakdown nearly 2 years ago. I continued to pay the full mortgage alone for about a year by going on to interest only and then when that became difficult I came to an arrangement with NR to make my half of the payment alone which they agreed to. My now ex has never paid a penny toward the mortgage since before he moved out.


Now, my new partner who financially is much more stable than the ex has agreed to come on the mortgage with me and move in. My ex has agreed to sign the house over to me in full as long as I remove him from the mortgage. I have queried doing a change of parties with NR but they have said that they will not agree this unless I repay the arrears IN FULL. Whilst we can manage the mortgage together on a repayment basis, we do not have this kind of money to repay the arrears in one go.


The NR website clearly states that you can apply for a change of parties anytime even when there are arrears so the info I got from the woman today is the opposite of what their website states.


The only other option we had was to remortgage with a totally new company but obviously the arrears will cause us a problem there too !! Our plan was to stick with NR and clear the arrears and then look to remortgage elsewhere when we had done that further down the line.


Can anyone help advise me what I can do? It would seem that each time I call NR I get a different story depending on who I talk to and what mood they are in that day! Often the advise the advisors give is different.


Can anyone tell me if I can get a change of parties done with arrears ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone help, please??

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, it may be best to put your request in writing and quote what is says on their website about change of parties when in arrears. Make sure you send the letter by recorded delivery.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums



This site is run solely on donations


My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...