You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

big kid

Multiple problems with our new tenancy - no TDS, no gas cert, no repairs...

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4006 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hello there- me, my partner and her daughter have recently moved into a property - AST signed 30/5/09 Deposit paid 30/05/09, we took tenancy on 01-07-09, gas certificate received 13-07-09 after we were told to chase up gas man. We have been told that our deposit has been spent by the LL and not put in a deposit scheme. We had a falsified tenancy agreement signed by the LL's sister on 30-05-09 and then a new tenancy agreement signed by the LL on 12-07-09. We found out that the LL's sister was not the landlord when our local council rang her to confirm that we were tenants for Council tax and she denied all knowledge of knowing about the house. We were accused of lying and challenged her about it - she then admitted it wasnt her house and we had to insist on a new AST.We have copies of both of them. We told them about the TDS which they denied any knowledge of. They said they would take legal advice- this was 9 days ago. They have had our deposit for 2 months now.I have also recorded the conversation we had when they admitted spending the deposit. Since receiving the gas cert (late) we have found out the gas fire I had tried to use has been condemned- we have asked in writing ( 7 days ago) for this to be replaced and also we have an unsecured back door which invalidates our contents insurance and has had to be temporarily secured by a padlock ( which they are aware of). We have no light in the conservatory so we cannot use it of an evening. the LL also emptied teh contents of the garage on the driveway ( his old crap btw) and has not moved it in a week, regardless of texts and phonecalls. It is a lovely house but we are going out of our mind with worry - we cannot afford to be evicted and have remained polite ( over polite) and courteous in our dealings with them but I dont know what our next steps should be ! Any advice would be gratefully received

Why will they evict you? You need to put all points in writting and in particular the TDS and ask for a quick response. thats about it at this stage, puts the ball in their court.

I just think they will think we are trouble tenants and have enough at the end of 6 months- its taken us an eon to save a deposit and first months rent - they havent rented before and they think its just take the money and leave them to it. what would you say was a quick response to a letter? have already put repairs required in writing about 7 days ago and have asked for a timely response... have asked verbally for either return of deposit ( my last landlord gave it back when TDS came in) or to be put in a TDS asap ..the 14 days have long gone though

like your avatar thing by the way - i tried to get the bugger off my screen! and thanks for responding ..