JSA and job offer

gyzmo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been verbally offered a position which is subject to an enhanced CRB check.

I have yet to receive a written contract or offer - I think that only comes through once the CRB is clear (which it should be).

I am currently claiming JSA, and have been told before that I can continue to claim until I start the job. However, do I still need to be applying for other positions?

I have been applying for other jobs on the off chance that something goes wrong, but I don't think it has quite met the JSAs requirement of 3 a week.

Anyone know for definite?

If you know that you are starting work pending a CRB (or anything else that stops you getting a start date) then you must continue to look for work but temporary work.

You should inform the signing officer that you are awaiting a start date and ask them to put that information on the system. The officer should then queue this to have an advisor see you to alter your Jobseekers Agreement. They should then add the restriction that you are looking only for temporary work.

This will probably not happen so to avoid any problems you should make sure that your new circumstances are added to the Jobcentre system (LMS).