You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

gyzmo

JSA and job offer

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4006 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I've been verbally offered a position which is subject to an enhanced CRB check.

I have yet to receive a written contract or offer - I think that only comes through once the CRB is clear (which it should be).

I am currently claiming JSA, and have been told before that I can continue to claim until I start the job. However, do I still need to be applying for other positions?

I have been applying for other jobs on the off chance that something goes wrong, but I don't think it has quite met the JSAs requirement of 3 a week.

Anyone know for definite?

If you know that you are starting work pending a CRB (or anything else that stops you getting a start date) then you must continue to look for work but temporary work.

You should inform the signing officer that you are awaiting a start date and ask them to put that information on the system. The officer should then queue this to have an advisor see you to alter your Jobseekers Agreement. They should then add the restriction that you are looking only for temporary work.

This will probably not happen so to avoid any problems you should make sure that your new circumstances are added to the Jobcentre system (LMS).

Ta.