Problem and need help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

well i got in debt with paypal and there passed it to IQOR who sent a letter in regards to the outstanding amount. I am more then willing to pay for the amount which was £126.05

I made a payment when I got the letter of 50% as agreed and agreed to make the rest of the payment at the end of the month. The guy agreed that no charges or interest will be placed on the account.

I am in a position to pay the rest today, and I phoned them and now there want to charge £2.50 for paying by debit card and there call it a "convenience charge" i asked her to explain what it is about, and she refused to do so.

I questioned that my first payment was made by debit card and no charge was issued and she said there will be this time?

Are there taking the mick? she said all calls are recorded, so ive asked for a supervisor to call me back, which probally wont happen. but im going to say listen to the call I made originally on the 4th July and it, it will be clear the guy was saying no charges will be applied.

what other advice? are there allowed to do this?

They are taking the mick charging for taking card payments. The only thing i can find that refers to this is in the OFT guidelines and you should complain to them.

Charging for debt collection

2.9 Charges should not be levied unfairly.

2.10 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a. claiming collection costs from a debtor in the absence of express contractual or other legal provision

b. misleading debtors into believing they are legally liable to pay collection charges when this is not the case, for example, when there is no contractual provision

c. not giving an indication in credit agreements of the amount of any charges payable on default

d. applying unreasonable charges, for example, charges not based on actual and necessary costs

e. applying charges which are disproportionate to the main debt.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

I agree, the only time a fee is levied on a bank card is if the total amount is under five pounds, and most places now you can't purchase anything under five pounds and pay for it via your card because of the cost of processing it!

So yes, they are talking out of their behind, is there another method in which you can pay?

I am having an issue with another company who used my card details to take a final payment without my authorisation or knowledge, so can someone possibly give you a cheque for the amount and you pay them?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!