You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

rob20042513

Orange Disaster: What To Do

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4010 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi There,

I have done some research into my credit file which i have not looked at over 5 years now, and have discovered reams of discrepancies which i now need to sort out. I have had a good job so never really looked at my credit file until no as i want to do some investment. The major one on my credit file is orange, they have a default on my credit file but worse still a CCJ. The account is showing satisfied on both entries, so i have done the following.

I have just sent a letter to orange along with an e-mail to executive.office@orange-ftgroup.com, the response was swift and dealt with quickly. I have never had a mobile phone with them it was cancelled through phones 4 u.

Received a letter today from orange, its basically states the following:

1. There is no existence of you on our records

2. There is no default registered on your credit file from orange

3. There is a default registered through a linked address at your old home address, but not from orange

4. If you still dispute this you need to show us proof of the default.

So many answers are:

1. There would be existence as you have an account number for however the contract was cancelled.

2. There is a default registered on my credit file in 2005

3. There are two defaults at that address, Halifax and Orange

4. I can definatley show you proof

MY QUESTIONS ARE:

1. CAN I GET THIS DEFAULT REMOVED? IF SO DO I DO IT THROUGH ORANGE OR EXPERIAN?

2. CAN I GET THE CCJ REMOVED EVEN THOUGH IT WAS SATISFIED

3. WHAT DO I DO NEXT??

Thanks, advice please??

You can get the default removed provided it is incorrect, this is usually done via the company who defaulted you in the first instance, you can send a query via Experian on the status of the default who will refer it to Orange, but you may as well cut out the middleman.

If Orange say they want proof then send them a copy of your credit file, mark the entries you dispute along with your position on why the default is incorrect to:

Orange PCS Ltd

Credit Referrals

Top Floor

Global House

Senhouse Road

Darlington DL1 4QY

They should get back to you promptly with their position on the dispute/CCJ.

CCJ's are NOT removed when satisfied. They are recorded by Registry Trust Ltd, and will stay there until the removal from the file 6 years (72 months) after the entry was placed.

Only if the CCJ was placed on your credit file and it did not relate to you, can this be removed - and you contact RT for this, not the CRA.