Natwest Bank Charges - Advice Required ASAP!

loobyloo35
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi please can someone help me or point me in the right direction.

Last month I bought some tickets to the GP, at the time I transferred the funds and made the payment over the phone, no problem.

The payment was made 5th June however didnt show up on the account until 8th June. I was therefore charged £35 guaranteed debit card fee and then a further £28 for going overdrawn because of this.

I tried to argue the fact that I had put sufficient funds etc., but they were having none of it and I couldnt claim back a penny.

I have logged on today and the same thing has happened, they have charged me £35 for a £10 transaction and another £35 for a £15 transaction.

Now I am very very good when it comes to checking my account every single day and transferring funds etc., into my account at around 6am every morning as NatWest say they need funds in by 12pm otherwise they reject the payment/charge you etc.

Anyway, these charges were due to go on my account on 10th July, when I logged onto the account first thing in the morning they had not gone on so transferred sufficient funds to cover cheques and D/D that had gone out that morning. I checked my account during the day and nothing so assumed they would go on the following day.

When I logged on the Saturday morning the charges had been added to the account so I immediately transferred £100 to cover the charges.

NOW I am being charged around £110 because apparently the charges were added at the end of the working day and I didnt check at the end of the day and I am now being stung for this amount of money and I really cannot afford this.

Can someone help please as its really stressing me out!

Thanks LL

Hi please can someone help me or point me in the right direction.

Last month I bought some tickets to the GP, at the time I transferred the funds and made the payment over the phone, no problem.

The payment was made 5th June however didnt show up on the account until 8th June. I was therefore charged £35 guaranteed debit card fee and then a further £28 for going overdrawn because of this.

I tried to argue the fact that I had put sufficient funds etc., but they were having none of it and I couldnt claim back a penny.

I have logged on today and the same thing has happened, they have charged me £35 for a £10 transaction and another £35 for a £15 transaction.

Now I am very very good when it comes to checking my account every single day and transferring funds etc., into my account at around 6am every morning as NatWest say they need funds in by 12pm otherwise they reject the payment/charge you etc.

Anyway, these charges were due to go on my account on 10th July, when I logged onto the account first thing in the morning they had not gone on so transferred sufficient funds to cover cheques and D/D that had gone out that morning. I checked my account during the day and nothing so assumed they would go on the following day.

When I logged on the Saturday morning the charges had been added to the account so I immediately transferred £100 to cover the charges.

NOW I am being charged around £110 because apparently the charges were added at the end of the working day and I didnt check at the end of the day and I am now being stung for this amount of money and I really cannot afford this.

Can someone help please as its really stressing me out!

Thanks LL

I know this may be a bit out of the norm.. but if you go onto moneysavingexpert.com, there is actually an ex-natweststaffmember on there who may be able to help.

You'll get a response quite quickly too.

lol, that'll be me over on MSE, advise given and just popped over here as well, pmsl.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

lol, that'll be me over on MSE, advise given and just popped over here as well, pmsl.

oh lol what are we like eh!

I need to PM you do you have an email and then I could give you more detail other than putting it on here? Thanks LL

oh lol what are we like eh!

I need to PM you do you have an email and then I could give you more detail other than putting it on here? Thanks LL

It is not suggested you do on here so you can private message me on MSE as I always respond to them there. I don't really do emails.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

It is not suggested you do on here so you can private message me on MSE as I always respond to them there. I don't really do emails.

Hi that's ok, I understand.

Are you able to help or do you need further info?

Hi that's ok, I understand.

Are you able to help or do you need further info?

I think on MSE I asked about the issue that was about June. Would be helpful to explain what happened.

I think on MSE I asked about the issue that was about June. Would be helpful to explain what happened.

Hi the information has been supplied above, however, what other info do you require to help?

Hi the information has been supplied above, however, what other info do you require to help?

The bit in June doesn't explain it enough. Can I just ask for the details on June.

"The payment was made 5th June however didnt show up on the account until 8th June. I was therefore charged £35 guaranteed debit card fee and then a further £28 for going overdrawn because of this."

Did another transaction go through in the meantime?

I'm still talking about June specifically.

The bit in June doesn't explain it enough. Can I just ask for the details on June.

"The payment was made 5th June however didnt show up on the account until 8th June. I was therefore charged £35 guaranteed debit card fee and then a further £28 for going overdrawn because of this."

Did another transaction go through in the meantime?

I'm still talking about June specifically.

Basically, on the 5th June there was around £1,000 in my account, the tickets were £373.50 and there was clearly more than enough when I made the payment over the phone. The funds went off my account on the 5th June immediately.

On the 8th June I did have various transactions going out of my account. Between the 5th and 8th June this Silverstone payment must have "dropped" back onto the account or perhaps another payment did I do no know, but on the 8th the Silverstone payment took me overdrawn and this is where the £35 guaranteed card payment fee took place.

I have argued with NatWest that when the payment was made there were sufficient funds on the account and they have confirmed that this was the case.

Does this help? Thanks LL

Basically, on the 5th June there was around £1,000 in my account, the tickets were £373.50 and there was clearly more than enough when I made the payment over the phone. The funds went off my account on the 5th June immediately.

On the 8th June I did have various transactions going out of my account. Between the 5th and 8th June this Silverstone payment must have "dropped" back onto the account or perhaps another payment did I do no know, but on the 8th the Silverstone payment took me overdrawn and this is where the £35 guaranteed card payment fee took place.

I have argued with NatWest that when the payment was made there were sufficient funds on the account and they have confirmed that this was the case.

Does this help? Thanks LL

Yes, it makes sense, when you first posted I thought we were looking at a ghost payment(ie when one payment sets funds aside and then drops off the account). Unfortunately they were either going to charge £35 Guaranteed Card payment or they would have bounced one of the payments because it is when the payment goes out that is important. Did you move funds across over that weekend?