• Tweets

• Designer Anne Sophie Cochevelou decorates her face coverings with anything from Barbies to Pokemon toys. View the full article
    • Notice Before Action Dear Sir/madam You have lost the following items. 1)      P2G72688861 2)      P2G73791631 3)      P2G74330511 I understand you eventually accepted liability for these lost items and have agreed to reimburse the postage costs but not the values. You suggest this is due to my failing to take out additional insurance.   I am not prepared to accept your position and shall be issuing a summons on 18th August for £180, should you choose not to reimburse the values allocated to the items you have lost. In particular: Item 1) This parcel was damaged by your courier and rejected by the addressee. It appears rather than return the parcel and contents to me, your courier decided to throw the item away. Thus the item has become lost, and therefore (due to my not paying extra for insurance against loss), you have chosen not to compensate. Do you seriously expect to ‘lose’ an item on purpose by throwing it away, and then claim it has been lost and therefore not covered? Item 2) This parcel was lost and I made a claim. During the period of claim, the parcel was found and began to track. Ultimately being delivered (according to an email to the addressee, at 1.41 am 19 July 2020). Clearly the parcel was not delivered at such a time. You have subsequently suggested delivery was at a different time. Despite these suggestions of proper delivery, you have been unable to prove delivery at all, the addressee has confirmed he has not received the item and you have accepted the item is lost.  I do not accept you can be so careless as to lose an item twice. When I purchased this sending through P2G, I selected Parcelforce 48 as the courier. This service has a compensation value of up to £100 for loss. This is why I selected them. It appears however, you chose not to purchase this service from Parcelforce, but an alternative service purporting to be Parcelforce 48, but excluding the standard compensation.  This is not what I had purchased. I do not accept your claim that I should have paid extra for insurance for you to insure, when I had already purchased a service which carried automatic insurance. Further, the service was supposed to be a 48 hour service. The parcel was not collected within the 48 hour period, let alone delivered within it.  I consider the delays in ensuring delivery within the expected timeframe would have contributed to the loss of this item. I hold you responsible for the loss.   Item 3) This item was also subject to a claim for loss. During your investigations, this item was also found and started to track. Messages advising  "Enquiry resolved", "INT Hold" and "Out for delivery”, suggest the item had eventually been found. I do not accept you can be so careless as to find a lost item and subsequently lose it again, regardless of whether I had purchased additional insured. Indeed, the option to purchase such insurance was not available as the item appears to have been excluded from such insurance.   Yours faithfully
    • A new way to produce tiny speakers promises more robust headphones with high quality sound. View the full article
    • Hi. DX, I'm not at home and relying on a photo of the document which states: Prior to the hearing the parties are expected to liase to agree the key documets required by the judge essential for that hearing. In default of agreement the parties may identify their own key documents but will need to justify the absence of agreement to the judge, who may make costs orders consqeuent upon the failure to agree.  
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
fiogiff

reclaimed bank charges and debts sold to DCA

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4022 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

just a quickie, if a bank has sold a debt to a DCA and the debtor then decides to claim unfair bank charges who gets the money? Surely the bank cant ofset this against the debt as they have sold it? I am in the process of claiming back charges but have outstanding bank debts sold to DCA

Hi

I have similar queries as yourself.

I have 1 credit card account defaulted since 2005 which has been sold to Wescot. If I make a claim for payment of bankcharges and other monies which Wescot add to the account where would the monies from the claim go to, would Wescot be allowed to claim them from me to pay back to the account or would the monies go to the original creditor or would it come to me.

I have a 2nd credit card account with an original creditor whic was defaulted in 2004. What would happen to any monies claimed against that account, would it go to the original creditor.

I would be happy for some opinons /advice as I would not wish to go through the claims process until I know who is going to benefit.

Loring

Hi Fiogiff

An experienced poster on another thread of mine "Bankruptcy and Personal Pensions" has said that the bank will just take the money, so I do not see why I should go to the trouble of recllaiming unfair charged if yhr bank is going to keep the money.

Loring

It looks like we are heading in this direction but if your claiming bank charges would that not put the debt " in dispute" and therefore no payments should be paid to anyone untill the outcome & amount are known

Middxx

Hi,

Yes, happened to me with HBOS, I claimed back the charges and they gave them to the DCA to reduce the debt.

People say you can insist they pay you, if they refuse continue with court action.

I did have a claim through FOS and they said the same sort of thing, the refund will be used to offset the debt.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

yep used to offset the debt I'm afraid happened twice to me, but at least it was money I never had so I wasn't too worried about it, in fact one refund cleared 2 debts outright

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)