fiogiff

reclaimed bank charges and debts sold to DCA

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4016 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

just a quickie, if a bank has sold a debt to a DCA and the debtor then decides to claim unfair bank charges who gets the money? Surely the bank cant ofset this against the debt as they have sold it? I am in the process of claiming back charges but have outstanding bank debts sold to DCA

Hi

I have similar queries as yourself.

I have 1 credit card account defaulted since 2005 which has been sold to Wescot. If I make a claim for payment of bankcharges and other monies which Wescot add to the account where would the monies from the claim go to, would Wescot be allowed to claim them from me to pay back to the account or would the monies go to the original creditor or would it come to me.

I have a 2nd credit card account with an original creditor whic was defaulted in 2004. What would happen to any monies claimed against that account, would it go to the original creditor.

I would be happy for some opinons /advice as I would not wish to go through the claims process until I know who is going to benefit.

Loring

Hi Fiogiff

An experienced poster on another thread of mine "Bankruptcy and Personal Pensions" has said that the bank will just take the money, so I do not see why I should go to the trouble of recllaiming unfair charged if yhr bank is going to keep the money.

Loring

It looks like we are heading in this direction but if your claiming bank charges would that not put the debt " in dispute" and therefore no payments should be paid to anyone untill the outcome & amount are known

Middxx

Hi,

Yes, happened to me with HBOS, I claimed back the charges and they gave them to the DCA to reduce the debt.

People say you can insist they pay you, if they refuse continue with court action.

I did have a claim through FOS and they said the same sort of thing, the refund will be used to offset the debt.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

yep used to offset the debt I'm afraid happened twice to me, but at least it was money I never had so I wasn't too worried about it, in fact one refund cleared 2 debts outright

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)