You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Mortgage Rescue Scheme

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4005 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Has anyone looked into the government announced mortgage rescue scheme?

There's quite a bit of info available but it all seems to say the same thing.

I'm interested to hear from anyone that's applied or is going through the process.

It's going to be an interesting year...

This sounds like a gov [problem], the one in the USA certainly is. i wouldnt touch it with a bargepoll

edit

i think this scheme is to try and re-secuitize existing loans to get banks out of trouble ( certainly the case in the usa and why should we be any different)

Edited by nuke em

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]....Please don't bother my master 'cos my sister & I might bite you...

I DO NOT offer legal advice

-

"I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!"

Hi,

You could say that after going live 1st Jan 2009 the Mortgage Rescue Scheme has got off to a slow start (this could be deemed a slight understatement I know), however there are signs that this may change significantly in the coming months.

There does now seem to be a bit of a campaign come publicity push underway here with (I understand) a Fast Track Team announced recently.

Another development that may affect the numbers taking up or becoming eligible for the Mortgage Rescue Scheme is the rumour that some lenders may now be prepared to negotiate / write off part of the debt (negative equity) with regards to the Mortgage to Rent option of the scheme and perhaps nuke em has a valid point here.

Overall I believe (hope) that this scheme will help people stay in their homes, having said this there are number of interesting discussion points with this including being given an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (3 yrs I believe) and the 3% contribution of the value of your home to join the scheme (mortgage to rent option). The point here being that many people entering this scheme are likely to have large unsecured debts still outstanding after the process is complete and may see bankruptcy as their only realistic long term solution........mmm, I wonder whats included in those tenancy agrrements.

Edited by Wintry