holiday entitlement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I work for NHS, contracted 15 hrs per week. For the past 15 months I have been working 30-37 1/2 per week. I have requested an increase in contracted hours since that time but have been declined due to ward having full complemant of staff. Every week I am given increased hours, not having to look to find out where there are gaps I could fill. I have asked if I qualify for the holiday entitlement that goes with working the increased hours but have been told that I do not. Is this correct?

Yes, overtime does not count.

Holiday entitlement is normally expressed in weeks and the current statutory minimum is 5.6 weeks. This means you get 5.6 of your normal contracted working weeks. If your contract is changed to increase your normal hours then obviously you would get more pay, even when on holiday. However, if it is just overtime then you only get paid for the extra hours you work (normally at a higher rate) but do not get any extra leave.

PLEASE NOTE:

I limit myself to responding to threads where I feel I have enough knowledge to make a useful contribution. My advice (and indeed any advice on this type of forum) should only be seen as a pointer to something you may wish to investigate further. Never act on any forum advice without confirmation from an accountable source.