Lowell go all Ebay!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Would just like to share a new tactic with all the great people on CAG. I'm not sure if this has been posted before so sorry in advance if it has.

This letter is what I recieved about a very old debt from about 10 years ago and is very statute barred. To be honest I didn't completely understand the new tactic at all.

13709d.th.jpg

Edited by HFwho?

isn't this a cheeky way of getting you to acknowledge the debt though? surely if you are bidding to "buy back YOUR account" you are admitting the debt exists? it seems like a grey area to me :( anyone want to correct me if i'm wrong?

Az

isn't this a cheeky way of getting you to acknowledge the debt though? surely if you are bidding to "buy back YOUR account" you are admitting the debt exists? it seems like a grey area to me :( anyone want to correct me if i'm wrong?

Az

Agree with Azuma.

Be very careful.

Edited by sosumi
PS - agree with everyone else too - not awake yet! :D

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Their under-handed tactics are becoming abosolutely rediculous, they are being very clever at wording things like this, i'd not respond to them at all about this, as they are obviously grasping at straws with your account...

Az

It doesn't actually matter if you do acknowledge a debt that's statute barred - it doesn't 'unstatute bar' it :-)

Just hate every DCA out there

It doesn't actually matter if you do acknowledge a debt that's statute barred - it doesn't 'unstatute bar' it :-)

point taken, although if a payment is made to "purchase" the account does this not consitute as the 6 years starting over? either way though, i'd ignore this.

Az

Guest Alison82

Lol what a cheeck, this is the same as making a settlement!! Do they think people are stupid!

Lol what a cheeck, this is the same as making a settlement!! Do they think people are stupid!

Apparently so Alison, i wish more people knew about CAG, these people would be out of business.

Great to see other peoples views on this, i've not responded and have no intention to as it is very much statute barred, even if I made a 'bid' lol, it would still be statute barred. Just thought I would share it with others just in case people have recieved one and their debt is not statute barred or nearly so, they bid and start the ball running again.

Edited by HFwho?

It must work with some people, otherwise they wouldn't bother doing it at all :mad:

Just hate every DCA out there

Great to see other peoples views on this, i've not responded and have no intention to as it is very much statute barred, even if I made a 'bid' lol, it would still be statute barred. Just thought I would share it with others just in case people have recieved one and there debt is not statute barred or nearly so, they bid and start the ball running again.

yeah man, interesting to see something like this on here.

Talking of this bunch of hapless scrotes, has anyone else received their all new credit card type statement. This states it is a pre-requisite of the company who hold a signed CCA and not them and will be sent on an annual basis until the balance is zero. What a load of c**p.