Barclays,Mercers,Calder Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a debt with Barclays who passed the debt on to Mercers to collect.I am with CAB's money advice programme and as I am on benefits can only afford to pay £1 a month off this debt.After much haggling,Mercers insisted that they would only accept a minimum of £5,Mercers accepted the offer of £1.I then received notification from Barclays that Calder Finance were taking over the account and any money was to be paid to Calders which i duly did.

I then received letters from Mercers saying I had broken the agreement and I would be issued with a default notice.I phoned and explained that they were no longer dealing with the account but was told to contact Barclays,

I phoned Barclays and informed them that as I am unsure who to pay I would be sending any payments directly to them and asked that the letters from both Calders and Mercers were stopped.Barclays said that Mercers and calders were acting on their behalf and unless I upped my payments to the required £5 minimum that the letters would continue and a default notice would be issued.......can they harass me in this way and how do I fight back????/

Hi greendollar,

Firstly I am afraid you have posted this in the wrong section unless you have insurance with Barclays. Thats fine though one of the mods will no doubt move you to the right place.

In the meantime I can try and be of some assitance. the first question is what is this debt to Barclays? Is it a credit card, loan or overdraft? If it is a loan or credit card does it have payment protection insurance? As you are in a debt with barclays are there any charges on this account?

If you feel that you may have a small or large yes onany of these then you need to send a SAR letter to Barclays(you will find this in the templates) what this will do is get Barclays to send you all your account info from when you opened the account or the past six years. This will include statements and agreements. Once you get these you need to go through them and find out if Barclays owe you in any charges or if you had PPI do you think it may have been mis sold.

The folks on here will help you every step of the way

olives xx

I have a debt with Barclays who passed the debt on to Mercers to collect.I am with CAB's money advice programme and as I am on benefits can only afford to pay £1 a month off this debt.After much haggling,Mercers insisted that they would only accept a minimum of £5,Mercers accepted the offer of £1.I then received notification from Barclays that Calder Finance were taking over the account and any money was to be paid to Calders which i duly did.

I then received letters from Mercers saying I had broken the agreement and I would be issued with a default notice.I phoned and explained that they were no longer dealing with the account but was told to contact Barclays,

I phoned Barclays and informed them that as I am unsure who to pay I would be sending any payments directly to them and asked that the letters from both Calders and Mercers were stopped.Barclays said that Mercers and calders were acting on their behalf and unless I upped my payments to the required £5 minimum that the letters would continue and a default notice would be issued.......can they harass me in this way and how do I fight back????/

I have moved your thread to the debt collection industry you should get the advice you need in here.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

barclays mercers and calders are all one and the same thing they are all barclayshark.. the first thing to do is to send a request for a cca they have 12 +2 days to respond otherwise account goes into default the letters to send are in the template section