• Tweets

• If Labour are elected I hope they go after everyone who made huge amounts of money out of this, by loading the company with debt. The sad thing is that some pension schemes, including the universities one, USS, will lose money along with customers.
    • What's the reason for not wanting a smart meter? Personally I'm saving a pile on a tariff only available with one. Today electricity is 17.17p/kWh. If the meter is truly past its certification date the supplier is obliged to replace it. If you refuse to allow this then eventually they'll get warrant and do so by force. Certified life varies between models and generations, some only 10 or 15 years, some older types as long as 40 years or maybe even more. Your meter should have its certified start date marked somewhere so if you doubt the supplier you can look up the certified life and cross check.
    • No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
    • Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Natwest PPI Please Help!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, Im am not sure if anyone else has had this problem but its driving me made!!!

Ok here goes, I have been reading up about miss selling of PPI and to date with all the check list etc I tick most of the box's for a claim.

Here is the problem, I took the loan out end of October 2004 with the PPI unfortunatly ive miss placed the documents!!! so as descibed i sent a letter off to PPI Claims (Natwest) asking for a copy of all documents, they then asked for a cheque for the sum of £10.00!!! so I sent it off thinking all was fine and should recieve documents, But then recieved another letter from them stating "part of your subject request, the consumer credit agreement and application would not generally be held by the bank in a relevant filing system and such would fall out the scope of the act-this would mean that you would not be entitled to them under the data protection act" they sent be a very basic print-out instead (details below)

So at this moment in time I dont know what to do!! would anyone possibly give me any advise?

Details of Loan

Loan amount : £23,000.00

loan period : 84 months

interest rate : 3.61% (not ever recall being that low)

Amount per month : £436.32

Insurance Premium : £5758.00

charge for credit : £7392.88

Total amount payable : £36,650.88

I havent cancelled my insurance yet on the loan, was not sure wether it would affect claim or not.

Any advise would be great, thank you

Hi everyone, Im am not sure if anyone else has had this problem but its driving me made!!!

Ok here goes, I have been reading up about miss selling of PPI and to date with all the check list etc I tick most of the box's for a claim.

Here is the problem, I took the loan out end of October 2004 with the PPI unfortunatly ive miss placed the documents!!! so as descibed i sent a letter off to PPI Claims (Natwest) asking for a copy of all documents, they then asked for a cheque for the sum of £10.00!!! (they are entitled to a £10.00 fee to supply the information under a Subject Access Request) so I sent it off thinking all was fine and should recieve documents, But then recieved another letter from them stating "part of your subject request, the consumer credit agreement and application would not generally be held by the bank in a relevant filing system and such would fall out the scope of the act-this would mean that you would not be entitled to them under the data protection act" (This statement is absolute tosh totally misleading and you should ensure you keep a copy of this for future use either to the FOS or County Court) they sent be a very basic print-out instead (details below)

So at this moment in time I dont know what to do!! would anyone possibly give me any advise?

Details of Loan

Loan amount : £23,000.00

loan period : 84 months

interest rate : 3.61% (not ever recall being that low)

Amount per month : £436.32

Insurance Premium : £5758.00

charge for credit : £7392.88

Total amount payable : £36,650.88

I havent cancelled my insurance yet on the loan, was not sure wether it would affect claim or not.

Any advise would be great, thank you

Go back to natwest and inform them that the consumer credit agreement and any associated application form would be part of a relevant filing system as it would be recorded against your name, address, account number. They are basically and allegedly being untruthfull. If you have a loan or credit card agreement with natwest do you honestly think they will have no records ?

Give them a time limit say 7 or generously 14 days to produce the CCA and application form and if they fail send a serious formal complaint to the Information Commissioners Office and the Office of Fair Trading to let them know of the underhanded way natwest are treating you.

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

I think the information on this site is just as good, if not better on this very site. ;)

You just need to spend the time and read up on what your doing ... It's not a get-rich-quick scheme.

01/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - S.A.R sent

24/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Statements Received

31/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - 1st Request sent

13/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - LBA sent

23/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Offer received £1544 (Thanks but no thanks)

02/10/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - *WON* Full settlement

Some more reading for you :D

Mis-sold PPI? Want your money back? use these links to help

:eek::eek:

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone,

Just thought I would give an update on my claim. Since my last letter I recieved from Natwest last July 09 (in my last post) I have written another letter beginning of Jan 2010 with lots of reading on here for assistants asking again for a copy of my loan agreement.

I have now recieved a letter within a week basically saying Thank you for letting them know about my concerns about my PPI policy, They are sorry to hear im unhappy and they are starting an investigation, they have given me the name of the case officer who is handing my complaint who i can contact with any questions.

Im a bit confused now!! I only sent a letter to them stating that i want a copy of my loan agreement, I havent even given them any reasons why im claiming!

Should I write another letter directly to the case officer stating why and what reasons im claiming for? or should i wait to hear from them again?

Some help on this would be great, If anyone wishes to read the letter i sent and the respone I can post it on here!! I have only given a brief description to cut it down a bit.

thank you

Hello everyone,

Just thought I would give an update on my claim. Since my last letter I recieved from Natwest last July 09 (in my last post) I have written another letter beginning of Jan 2010 with lots of reading on here for assistants asking again for a copy of my loan agreement.

I have now recieved a letter within a week basically saying Thank you for letting them know about my concerns about my PPI policy, They are sorry to hear im unhappy and they are starting an investigation, they have given me the name of the case officer who is handing my complaint who i can contact with any questions.

Im a bit confused now!! I only sent a letter to them stating that i want a copy of my loan agreement, I havent even given them any reasons why im claiming!

Should I write another letter directly to the case officer stating why and what reasons im claiming for? or should i wait to hear from them again?

Some help on this would be great, If anyone wishes to read the letter i sent and the respone I can post it on here!! I have only given a brief description to cut it down a bit.

thank you

If it has taken from July until now and you still do not have your Consumer Credit Agreement then it is time to complain to the Information Commissioners Office....here is the link...

For the Information Commissioners office. (this is an option if the DSAR is not complied with)

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documen...ess_rights.pdf

Information Commissioner's Office - Information Commissioners Office

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documen...lain_final.pdf

Complaints - Information Commissioners Office

Explain the facts to them and let them deal with the provision of the CCA.

It is better to have all the information or the letters refusing information before claiming you PPI back. It will show you have attempted to get a resolution to your problem but have been thwarted by Natwest.

Might be worth copying the letter to Natwest telling them you are going down this route to see if it will stir them into action :rolleyes:

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Thank you for the links alanalana,

after re-reading my last post I didnt really make it very clear :confused: my apologies!!

I recieved a letter from Natwest last july 09 stating they could not send loan agreement, from that point till Jan 10 I was unable to chase Natwest and get back to them for personal reasons!!

Ive now got plenty of time to try and battle this out now so I wrote them another letter (Jan 12th 2010) asking for my loan agreement and associated paperwork.

I received a letter on the 18th jan 2010 from RBS stating:

" Thank you for letting us know about the concerns you have with your payment protection insurance policy. I am sorry to learn that you are unhappy and can assure you that your comments are being taken very seriously.

You still may receive correspondence from your product provider but this will not affect the investigation in any way. Please contact them direct if you have any queries specifically in relation to your policy.

A leaflet, 'What happens when i make a complaint' is enclosed for your information. This explains the procedures we follow and give an indication as to when you will hear from us with an update. When we have all the information available and the investigation is complete, we will contact you with our full response.

We understand that you may wish to discuss matters in relation to your complaint during the course of the investigation. The case officer handling your complaint is (name), who will be happy to deal with any questions that you may have."

After I recieved that letter i was a little confused, my last letter to them (12 jan) stated I wanted "true copies" of my original loan agreement.

Still havent recieved loan documents!!!

I was going to write again to them stating why im unhappy with the payment protection insurance and again ask for my loan agreement !!

or do i just leave it till investigation is over!!! (would rather keep on there backs about it)

once again if anyone could assist it would be much appreciated.

Thank you for the links alanalana,

after re-reading my last post I didnt really make it very clear :confused: my apologies!!

I recieved a letter from Natwest last july 09 stating they could not send loan agreement, from that point till Jan 10 I was unable to chase Natwest and get back to them for personal reasons!!

Ive now got plenty of time to try and battle this out now so I wrote them another letter (Jan 12th 2010) asking for my loan agreement and associated paperwork.

I received a letter on the 18th jan 2010 from RBS stating:

" Thank you for letting us know about the concerns you have with your payment protection insurance policy. I am sorry to learn that you are unhappy and can assure you that your comments are being taken very seriously.

You still may receive correspondence from your product provider but this will not affect the investigation in any way. Please contact them direct if you have any queries specifically in relation to your policy.

A leaflet, 'What happens when i make a complaint' is enclosed for your information. This explains the procedures we follow and give an indication as to when you will hear from us with an update. When we have all the information available and the investigation is complete, we will contact you with our full response.

We understand that you may wish to discuss matters in relation to your complaint during the course of the investigation. The case officer handling your complaint is (name), who will be happy to deal with any questions that you may have."

After I recieved that letter i was a little confused, my last letter to them (12 jan) stated I wanted "true copies" of my original loan agreement.

Still havent recieved loan documents!!!

I was going to write again to them stating why im unhappy with the payment protection insurance and again ask for my loan agreement !!

or do i just leave it till investigation is over!!! (would rather keep on there backs about it)

once again if anyone could assist it would be much appreciated.

If you requested your agreement under the terms laid down in the Consumer Credit Act 1974 you should read this for more information on what is required.

Results within Legislation - Statute Law Database

specifically sections 76 to 78 here is section 77..

Consumer Credit Act 1974 (c. 39) - Statute Law Database

My understanding is they have 14 days to supply the cca under the section 77/78 request but if you send a subject access request under the Data Protection Act 1978 they have 40 calendar days to provide all the information which should include the CCA and all other relevant data. CCA request fee is £1.00 SAR is £10.00.

If you request information remember to send the fee and use the appropriate templates letters for your request they are on this site.

Do not let RBS fob you off keep at them until you get the appropriate response and if they delay go to the Information Commissioners Office if they fail to provide information and the Financial Ombudsman Serviice if they do not come up with a solution to your complaint.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Thanks for the help alanalana,

Just finished typing another letter to Natwest regarding CCA, have given them 14 days to respond and also advised i will be contacting the information commissioners office if they dont come up with the information.

see what happens!!

Will update soon as I hear anything.

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone,

Well here i am again for another update!

Im very pleased to say that RBS have now reimbursed me the total amount of my PPI :D

After battling with them still trying to obtain my loan documents, I was again recieving several letters from different people at the PPI claims office all stating different things.

The next day I recieved a phone call from RBS again stating they where unable to trace loan documents and then proceded to ask if I was making a claim for my PPI!! and if so what are my reasons!! As we all know never say too much on the phone! I managed to get there name and direct number just for reference then typed another letter stating my reasons why I thought I was miss sold my PPI, again I gave them 14 days to reply!

On the 25th March I recieved two letters from RBS. One saying they have nearly finish there investigation and then the other letter saying they have completed there investigation and offered me a good will gesture of the total amount. Very pleased with this result as you can imagine.

No FOS involvement!!!

Just wish to say thank you for everyone that has helped.

If anyone reading this is starting to make a claim, make sure you have a very good read of all the information on this site! its extremley helpful!